Mario Kart DS romhack CTGP Nitro v1.0 released, adds 88 tracks and more

ctgp.png

Mario Kart DS is more than 16 years old--the game itself is old enough to drive, now. In the years since the game's release, fans have eagerly been learning and following the storied scene of Mario Kart romhacks. It led to the release of projects that you might have seen on the forum before, such as @PabloMK7's CTGP-7 and @szymbar15's Mario Kart Zero. Now, a team of dozens of dedicated programmers, designers, and debuggers have banded together to release a brand new Mario Kart project.

CTGP Nitro is a Mario Kart DS romhack that adds a massive amount of new courses, 88 total, 56 custom, ranging from adaptations of Wii and Wii U-era Mario Kart stages, to unique tracks like Goomba Lake, Toad Oasis, and more. There's also alternate character skins for existing characters, letting you play as King Koopa, 16-bit Mario, and the original Donkey Kong. You can play the romhack on your own, or experience it with friends through online play with Wimmfi. A trailer showcasing the project is available to watch, if you're curious, but if you're already sold on the idea, then you can grab the v1.0.0 release in Delta patch form over at the official website for the CTGP Nitro project.

The long-anticipated full release of CTGP Nitro is finally out!​

Featuring:
  • Speedometer and a Prolonged Rocket Boost indicator for all your Speedrunning needs!
  • 62 courses available to play online!
  • New alt-skin system to select from even more playable characters!
  • 32 brand new Custom Tracks, bringing the total up to 88 courses to race on!
  • Full localisation support!

:arrow: Official Thread
:download: Download

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice! Now if only the game wasn't a snake-fest. It used to be annoying playing with tryhards who snake the entire time, shit's tiring after a while. This is only going to amplify that because only the diehards will be the ones playing now. Same as MKW CTGP.

But will def be fun with friends!

Reactions: banjo2

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yet again fans completely outdo nintendo once again.... Although, i'm not really interested since i already have CTGP-7 for my new 3ds XL.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is damn impressive! I'll try it out later on my 3DS.
Online functionality is much appreciated.. Thanks fellas!

Reactions: banjo2

Dud

Cheesehead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran through the Bob-Omb Cup because of the MKWii tracks. I'm very impressed with the recreated courses! I'm wondering if they'll add icons for the cars in Coconut Mall and Moonview Highway. Right now, they only appear as numbers on the touch screen map.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Guess this can played via Twilight on 3DS?
Yep
I heard this got a bunch of game breaking bugs. Can anybody confirm this..?
Not that I've noticed? Only problematic thing I have noticed is Mars Colony being rather buggy
been following the MKDS Modding discord for years and they still dont ping anybody for these huge announcements
They have a self-assignable hacks announcements role, ig so people don't get pissed about @everyones
Wait, how can you play this online without getting a ban of some kind?
At the moment, it is locked to playing with friends, so you won't be put into worldwide with regular players. At some point, it'll have support for custom regions (like how they do it on Mario Kart Wii)
I'm wondering if they'll add icons for the cars in Coconut Mall and Moonview Highway. Right now, they only appear as numbers on the touch screen map.
Afaik those are hardcoded, it would be a big hassle to fix and they might end up leaving the icons blank all together

Archolm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I suppose this rom hack will work on android phones using drastic ds?
This hack is useless for Emulation, no ghost data, plus almost all cups are unlocked? This hack, like the Wii's bigger brother, is very much geared towards actual hardware. rofl at breaking ghost data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1