Mario Kart DS freezes sometimes between wifi races.

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by k4ever, Apr 17, 2009.

1. k4ever
    OP

k4ever GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    I have an acekard 2.1 with the latest popular akaio software. I have had no problems EVER till yesterday. I have a micro sdhc kingston card of 4gb by the way. I have played A LOT of mkds online for like 3 months now and I never have had a problem before. Yesterday I was playing as usual, but suddenly when I was going to start the 3rd race (a set is 4) against a friend via wifi, the game just blackened out and froze. Now today I was playing 2 guys over wifi and before the last race started ( 4th ), my game froze up again by having another black screen. I had tp turn my ds off, then on again. When I tried to connect again to wifi, the black screen came AGAIN and froze my game. Then I tried to connect and I was successful.
    Does anybody have had similar problems with mkds wifi play before? ... Maybe the number of wins - losses affect the rom (Im 830-480), Im not sure.
    OR ... my microsdhc card is starting to fail and I need to buy another one ( or maybe reformat it, but I dont know if this will help ).

2. JoyConG

JoyConG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 24, 2009
    United States
    If its akaio, delete the firmware and reinstall it be sure you have the newest loaders.. I have a problem like that but with Pokemon.

Then if that doesn't work, back up your stuff and format.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice