ROM Hack Mario Kart DS - Custom Tracks Grand Prix NITRO (CTGP NITRO)

Kiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just found this, and it's pretty cool to see, but I have a problem:

On my 3DS, using TwilightMenu++, the sound bugs out completely. It's not like no sound is played at all, but all sounds are either muted, very distorted or both. Would be happy to know if this is a known issue and/or whether anyone has any idea how to fix this.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just found this, and it's pretty cool to see, but I have a problem:

On my 3DS, using TwilightMenu++, the sound bugs out completely. It's not like no sound is played at all, but all sounds are either muted, very distorted or both. Would be happy to know if this is a known issue and/or whether anyone has any idea how to fix this.
I haven't heard of this, are you on the latest version?

Kiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could you check your TWiLight Menu++ version? It's in the settings on the top screen
I must shamefully admit that my TwilightMenu++ version was quite outdated (17.2.1).
Problem: I updated it now (22.1.0), but the problem still persists :(
No audio in the menu, and in races there are some sounds, but they play very distorted. I tried launching in DSi instead of DS mode, didn't help.
If there are any other settings I could try, do tell me, I have no idea what half of them do...

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I must shamefully admit that my TwilightMenu++ version was quite outdated (17.2.1).
Problem: I updated it now (22.1.0), but the problem still persists :(
No audio in the menu, and in races there are some sounds, but they play very distorted. I tried launching in DSi instead of DS mode, didn't help.
If there are any other settings I could try, do tell me, I have no idea what half of them do...
Do you have this issue with vanilla MKDS?

Walwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. I'm trying without success to make a wup installer of CTGP NITRO. Did anyone get it? The best result I had was to load the game to the menu and black screen when clicking on single player...

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
May I ask where to get it? What the Price for the capture card?
I sent my New 3DS XL to Stephan Merki back in 2019, it was 265€ + shipping (no taxes, since he is from Germany and I am from Spain).

Nowadays he only installs New 2DS XL boards and they're more expensive, 359€ + shipping.

I'm not sure if there's a cheaper installer. Loopy was going to install regular 3DS capture cards again, but the "check back later" message has been there for three or four years already xD

Reactions: FanNintendo

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent my New 3DS XL to Stephan Merki back in 2019, it was 265€ + shipping (no taxes, since he is from Germany and I am from Spain).

Nowadays he only installs New 2DS XL boards and they're more expensive, 359€ + shipping.

I'm not sure if there's a cheaper installer. Loopy was going to install regular 3DS capture cards again, but the "check back later" message has been there for three or four years already xD
your luchy got that capture card back in that time and i checked everywhere but found one on eBay selling for $2,000 USA that is ridiculous!

PigletTubeYT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

CTGP Nitro is a ROM Hack of MKDS made by the community that aims to add more tracks, and other content to Mario Kart DS.
The eventual amount of CTs is 24, but it aims to contain up to 96 different CTs.

Currently in the first release (Ver 0.0.1) a total of 24 new tracks have been added along side the original 32 Nintendo tracks!

More CTs, and other features will be added with each new release of CTGP Nitro.

CTGP Nitro can be downloaded here:
CTGP Nitro (garhoogin.com)

My friend code is 086501292944 what's yours? (CTGP Nitro)

evols

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How would I do this for 3DS? Would there be a .cia or .3dsx file, or wait, could I convert the .nds file to .cia?
you need twiilightmenu++ on the 3ds and also ndsforwarder to get the roms on the home menu
Post automatically merged:

How would I do this for 3DS? Would there be a .cia or .3dsx file, or wait, could I convert the .nds file to .cia?
you need twiilightmenu++ on the 3ds and also ndsforwarder to get the roms on the home menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    Good morning!
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works and isnt yet banned, mine got banned yesterday
  • A @ anotherthing:
    The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @StatusN, welcome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Had a question on 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    will one still be able to transfer pokemon from the ds 3ds games to Switch
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Supposedly Bank isn't going down.
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    i know they are @anotherthing but i modded m y 3ds last month and i installed pretendo but as my 3ds got banned i need a friend seed to unblock my 3ds
  • A @ anotherthing:
    You got banned from Pretendo?
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    online ban
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @anotherthing I think Nintendo should have just re released all pokemon games on the switch
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    let you transfer it all
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    bank got shutdown in april last year
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones (remakes don't count)
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    does anyone have a friend seed link to a seed that isnt already banned and is new, if anyone does then thanks
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I refuse to get Nintendo Switch online
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    until they add pokemon mainline games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could very easily do so
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i meant that they got rereleased in virtual console in 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a... +1