Mario Kart DS 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Scorpin200, Apr 20, 2007.

Apr 20, 2007

Mario Kart DS 2 by Scorpin200 at 8:32 AM (1,577 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Who else here thinks it's time for this to come out? It's been more than long enough since the first game came out, and i think the system could use a new racing game. The thing about nintendo is they don't release sequels every few months like someone else i know, and by the time one comes out it's way better with a lot of better ideas.

2. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Unlikely. There has only been one Mario Kart game for each of the previous consoles. I don't see Nintendo changing that tradition anytime soon.

Wouldn't you rather have those resources dedicated to an entirely new game?

3. masvill20

Newcomer masvill20 Advanced Member

Philippines
    It would be cool if it had voice chat, all the tracks, and the old special weapons for each character as an option for a match.

4. marko1986

Newcomer marko1986 Advanced Member

Croatia
    I also want a Mario Kart 2 for DS. They should do it if you ask me. The game would sell as good as the first one. I don`t want to wait for the next portable system to get it. DS should last a few years more.

But as other say, it is improbable..if Nintendo makes another MK, it will be for Wii. Too bad I don`t have it.

5. KaiserDragon

Newcomer KaiserDragon Member

United States
    Hrm good luck with this. Never been 2 Mario Karts for one system yet. And a Super Smash Bros and Zelda have yet to come out, so nintedo will probably focus on that. I certainly hope a SSB comes out. We know a Zleda is, man they told is way to early, gonna make us wait and beg :'(
    Anyways if they do yeah new idea would be nice.

Examples
    Smoke bomb item, sends smoke behind you, sorta like the ink blot but you can see at all, however, you ride through it and its over.

Make blueshells avoidable in some way, like maybe a mushroom can speed away at the last second. Cause the AI is really cheap with them.

Bring back coins from SNES for a speed boost, and the koopa troopa, though dry bones sorta replaced him.

Custom online race scheme. For instance, you get to choose which items can be used, if powerboost is on/off

A rearview mirror option.

MAKE BATTLING ONLINE(sorry this needs caps)
    Read above again heck read it a third time maybe even a fourth.

6. masvill20

Newcomer masvill20 Advanced Member

Philippines
    I think a Super Smash Brothers game for the DS would be even better though. Think about it, you can kick someone's ass on another continent with pokemans...[​IMG]

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I think Nintendo will be working on a Wii sequel before they go for another portable game. To Nintendo each game is a continuation of the series, so they wont really work on two at the same time.

I think the Wii one will come out in about 2 years and then in that time there'll probably be a new handheld.

8. MADKATZ99

Member MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I would rather them work on a new wii mario kart.

I have played MKDS to death, and gotten the best I can be. Theres not really much more point playing it anymore. A sequal would kinda suck....

I hope MKwii is more like MK64, rather than MKDS... I love MKDS, but there are just too many MT's. Its too quick and easy to make an MT, which isnt a bad thing, but when you get good, your constantly in a boost... but the MT system in MK64 works alot better.

9. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Huh where does this rumor come from?

Gives no sense.
    1 Console = 1 MARIO KART!

10. Wrestlingmann

Newcomer Wrestlingmann Newbie

United States
    How about a Double Dash DS

11. teh_raf3

Member teh_raf3 Whatever suits you

Belgium
    They might show MarioKart Wii at E3 (or what's left of it anyway) but they won't make a new MarioKart for the DS.

12. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I don't see how they can improve on MKDS though. Minor features can be touched up, but the gameplay is pretty much perfect.

I would like to see F-zero though [​IMG]

13. teonintyfive

Member teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    What you mean is Mario Kart Wii, like stated 2 posts above.

14. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    I say they make a Mario Kart Expansion Pack! [​IMG] Put all that data on a GBA cart and have it in slot-2 while you start up Mario Kart DS to add more tracks/characters/better wifi. [​IMG] It might be possible.... maybe...

15. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    Sorry, I don't think it's going to happen. Mario Kart games have come at a rate of 1 per console, and I don't think thats going to change.

16. myclock

Member myclock GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    cummon it gives us hope to think that another one is going to come out. where is Super Smash Bros DS??? that is the game that i really want on DS its been on a console ever since the N64 so hopefully it gets released on DS too