OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Who else here thinks it's time for this to come out? It's been more than long enough since the first game came out, and i think the system could use a new racing game. The thing about nintendo is they don't release sequels every few months like someone else i know, and by the time one comes out it's way better with a lot of better ideas.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Unlikely. There has only been one Mario Kart game for each of the previous consoles. I don't see Nintendo changing that tradition anytime soon.

Wouldn't you rather have those resources dedicated to an entirely new game?

masvill20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be cool if it had voice chat, all the tracks, and the old special weapons for each character as an option for a match.

marko1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I also want a Mario Kart 2 for DS. They should do it if you ask me. The game would sell as good as the first one. I don`t want to wait for the next portable system to get it. DS should last a few years more.

But as other say, it is improbable..if Nintendo makes another MK, it will be for Wii. Too bad I don`t have it.

KaiserDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrm good luck with this. Never been 2 Mario Karts for one system yet. And a Super Smash Bros and Zelda have yet to come out, so nintedo will probably focus on that. I certainly hope a SSB comes out. We know a Zleda is, man they told is way to early, gonna make us wait and beg :'(
Anyways if they do yeah new idea would be nice.

Examples
Smoke bomb item, sends smoke behind you, sorta like the ink blot but you can see at all, however, you ride through it and its over.

Make blueshells avoidable in some way, like maybe a mushroom can speed away at the last second. Cause the AI is really cheap with them.

Bring back coins from SNES for a speed boost, and the koopa troopa, though dry bones sorta replaced him.

Custom online race scheme. For instance, you get to choose which items can be used, if powerboost is on/off

A rearview mirror option.

MAKE BATTLING ONLINE(sorry this needs caps)
Read above again heck read it a third time maybe even a fourth.

masvill20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think a Super Smash Brothers game for the DS would be even better though. Think about it, you can kick someone's ass on another continent with pokemans...
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo will be working on a Wii sequel before they go for another portable game. To Nintendo each game is a continuation of the series, so they wont really work on two at the same time.

I think the Wii one will come out in about 2 years and then in that time there'll probably be a new handheld.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would rather them work on a new wii mario kart.

I have played MKDS to death, and gotten the best I can be. Theres not really much more point playing it anymore. A sequal would kinda suck....

I hope MKwii is more like MK64, rather than MKDS... I love MKDS, but there are just too many MT's. Its too quick and easy to make an MT, which isnt a bad thing, but when you get good, your constantly in a boost... but the MT system in MK64 works alot better.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see how they can improve on MKDS though. Minor features can be touched up, but the gameplay is pretty much perfect.

I would like to see F-zero though
tongue.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say they make a Mario Kart Expansion Pack!
tongue.gif
Put all that data on a GBA cart and have it in slot-2 while you start up Mario Kart DS to add more tracks/characters/better wifi.
tongue.gif
It might be possible.... maybe...

myclock

Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
cummon it gives us hope to think that another one is going to come out. where is Super Smash Bros DS??? that is the game that i really want on DS its been on a console ever since the N64 so hopefully it gets released on DS too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol