ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I managed to extract to Mario Kart Channel.wad from the .iso, I installed it (with the proper fallback so I could delete it if something went wrong), and I didn't know you still need the Disc to make the channel work, given to my lack of ModChip (or in the correct way, the Original copy), untill cSM is released, there is no way for me to use it, such a waste of time just for trying to be an apporting member of this community, i was fun tho...!!!
smile.gif

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't really understand it...
You've installed the Mario Kart Channel as a wad, but it doesn't work?

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What if you have Mario Kart for the Backuploader (gamma), and you will instal the mario kart channel through a .wad, will it work then?

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I can't try it, so I won't find out either^^
I can't find the .wad on the internet, and my pc won't read the DVD with Mario Kart on it...(Didn't burn it myself)

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ow, my Wii can read it! But my PC won't so I can't rip the Mario Kart Channel out of so I can let it burn in Hell....
Ow sorry, I slipped away.
It plays well, and you don't need the disk to use the Channel, I know that.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I extracted the .wad from the .iso image in my HDD, not directly from the DVD, with the Gamma loader is not possible to install the channel thru the disc, and if you install the channel, when you go to a race, it ask you for the Game Disc, the DVD with the game can be ripped with ImgBurn, and the channel does not require the disc, the races does...!!!
smile.gif

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
I extracted the .wad from the .iso image in my HDD, not directly from the DVD, with the Gamma loader is not possible to install the channel thru the disc, and if you install the channel, when you go to a race, it ask you for the Game Disc, the DVD with the game can be ripped with ImgBurn, and the channel does not require the disc, the races does...!!!
smile.gif

So are you trying to run the game from a channel without requiring the disk at all?

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
All the stuff that can be done in the Channel can be done on the actually Game. It's not worth any hassle in using.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thewiiman said:
So are you trying to run the game from a channel without requiring the disk at all?

No, I tough that was what happened, but when I installed I realize that the Game Disc is still needed.....
frown.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
RadioShadow said:
All the stuff that can be done in the Channel can be done on the actually Game. It's not worth any hassle in using.

Now I know, and let me say that IT IS STUPID to install the channel, hence the same stuff can be done game and channel, and the channel needs the disc, why do people want the channel if still need the disc???? amazing how this stupid idea was made by "N", they want to do a channel, but if you can install thru the disc, so you just need to have it borrow, install and return the disc, no no lets just install the channel, and have the need of the disc

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well the channel lets you recieve online competition messages on your wii's message board.
Or can the game do that too without the channel?

eldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The channel shows you when there is a new comp without having to go to the wii message board with a icon in the channel. It will also inform you if you receive a ghost from a friend without having to go into the channel or message board - you get the same 'mail' style icon in the channel on the system menu, so i have the channel installed and i can see at a glance if a friend has beat one of my ghosts or there is an active competition

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
kedest said:
Well the channel lets you recieve online competition messages on your wii's message board.
Or can the game do that too without the channel?
The channel is also intergrated into the game itself, so there is no other need for it then what eldi said.

eldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
also the channel does not need the disc as such, you can check out time trail friend and world rankings, for example, without the disc in the drive but if you wanted to do a time trial then you would need the disc in the machine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @SylverReZ