Hacking Mario Kart Channel with USB support ?

MertenNor

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Norway
Hi..

I Have the MarioKart Wii Channel on my Wii menu that I use...

wen I want to play a Goast Race I need to put in the Mario Kart Wii Disc.. but I dont want to play Mario Kart Wii with the Game Disc.. i want to play it from the USB loader..

so is it passable that it can load the Game from the USB loader and not the Game Disc ?

I know it is passable to have channels on the Wii menu that loads Games from the USB loader..

so if it is passable to use the same code on the MKW channel so it runs from the USB Loader...

hope you understand
tongue.gif

MertenNor

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone I know mentioned a long time ago they were working on this but it never surfaced shame.

Maybe some people would like this for Wii Fit too. I'd love the modified MK channel myself but don't have time to look into making it either, hope someone does.

chrisf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cant u just load the game from usb loader first and then access the stuff from the mario kart channel in the game after it boots? i thought that worked

can someone do this.. ??

MertenNor

MertenNor

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Norway
chrisf said:
cant u just load the game from usb loader first and then access the stuff from the mario kart channel in the game after it boots? i thought that worked

yes..

but it goes faster if you go in to the MKW Channel first
smile.gif

MertenNor

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't go straight to the mario kart channel, the best you can do is inject the mariokart usbloader dol into the channel. It still works great though (thats what I have done), you just have one extra click to get int othe channel menu.

This is how you can do it.

1. Get wwpacker (available here on gbatemp)
Get a mario kart channel wad (can be extracted from disk, downloaded, extracted off nand).
Get a mario kart USB channel (or alternately get the usb autoboot dol and rename it 00000001.app)

2. drag the usb channel wad onto __wwunpacker.bat (it will produce a folder with the unpacked wad in)

3. drag the mario kart channel wad onto __wwunpacker.bat (it will produce a folder with the unpacked wad in)

4. replace the usbloader 00000001.app into the mario kart channel folder

5. Now drag the unpacked mario kart channel folder with replaced 00000001.app onto _wwpacker-NoMod.bat

The resulting wad has been injected with usbloader that autoboots mariokart.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, but this wont take you directly to the mario kart channel. it will only take you directly to the game.
So there is one more step where you select the select mario kart channel from the gamescreen.
since the whole mario kart channel is already in the game, you wont lose any other function, it's just slightly slower.

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all
Why don't You try Loadstructor from Cluster?
It will make channels for Your games and it's really easy to do,just a few clicks and You get a wad ready to install with WadManager.
Hope this helps.

Crunky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't go straight to the mario kart channel, the best you can do is inject the mariokart usbloader dol into the channel. It still works great though (thats what I have done), you just have one extra click to get int othe channel menu.

This is how you can do it.

Get a mario kart channel wad (can be extracted from disk, downloaded, extracted off nand).
Get a mario kart USB channel (or alternately get the usb autoboot dol and rename it 00000001.app)

2. drag the usb channel wad onto __wwunpacker.bat (it will produce a folder with the unpacked wad in)

3. drag the mario kart channel wad onto __wwunpacker.bat (it will produce a folder with the unpacked wad in)

4. replace the usbloader 00000001.app into the mario kart channel folder

5. Now drag the unpacked mario kart channel folder with replaced 00000001.app onto _wwpacker-NoMod.bat

The resulting wad has been injected with usbloader that autoboots mariokart.

Where do i find te Mario Kart USB channel?

wiiloversans

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

dude, calm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn