Gaming Mario Kart. Buy Or Backup

so will you go out and buy the game or just download it?

• Buy It!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Download It!!!!!

• Steal It from someone/somewhere

• Download it and go out and buy a wheel

• Total voters

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I regret having bought it
frown.gif

The game's not as fun as MKDD (I love MKDD, and it's beyond me why this game lacks some of the awesome features of MKDD, like Special Items and a LAN mode), the Wii Wheel is completely useless if you're interested in winning races (especially online...IMO the game's even less fun with the wheel, regardless of whether or not you're ambitious to win) and the boxart is so fucking UGLY you'll want to hide it behind the SSBB or SMG case so no one can see it...just look at it, as if it's not embarassing enough that the game has a fucking Wiimote on its boxart, the fact that Mario and Luigi are both holding a Wii Wheel is humiliating
wtf.gif

Just imagine the boxart of Zelda TP would show Link with a Wiimote + Nunchuck, holding them like a bow...what were they thinking? it's like they want you to believe the Wii Wheel is more important than the game itself
huh.gif

So, I really see no advantage in buying the game instead of just downloading it...it's not like Nintendo desperately needs the money, like it was some small indie dev with low sales
nyanya.gif

If you prefer to play the game with the Wiimote, just buy the damn Wii Wheel for 10 bucks and you're fine

wovva

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vater Unser said:
I regret having bought it
frown.gif

The game's not as fun as MKDD (I love MKDD, and it's beyond me why this game lacks some of the awesome features of MKDD, like Special Items and a LAN mode), the Wii Wheel is completely useless if you're interested in winning races (especially online...IMO the game's even less fun with the wheel, regardless of whether or not you're ambitious to win) and the boxart is so fucking UGLY you'll want to hide it behind the SSBB or SMG case so no one can see it...just look at it, as if it's not embarassing enough that the game has a fucking Wiimote on its boxart, the fact that Mario and Luigi are both holding a Wii Wheel is humiliating
wtf.gif

Just imagine the boxart of Zelda TP would show Link with a Wiimote + Nunchuck, holding them like a bow...what were they thinking? it's like they want you to believe the Wii Wheel is more important than the game itself
huh.gif

So, I really see no advantage in buying the game instead of just downloading it...it's not like Nintendo desperately needs the money, like it was some small indie dev with low sales
nyanya.gif

If you prefer to play the game with the Wiimote, just buy the damn Wii Wheel for 10 bucks and you're fine

It seems a little facile to say that one of the reasons you hate a game is because you don't like one control method, and the box art is ugly!

I didn't like the using the Wii Wheel. I wish I did because it looks pretty cool, but it's not for me, so I use wiimote and nunchuk - why is that an issue? They programmed in several control methods to make it user friendly. I really couldn't care less about the box art to be honest, I like a good one but it's the game that matters, and having spent hours on every single MK iteration, this one stand alongside the best for me!

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Carnivean said:
I pirated it but will buy it when it doesn't come with the useless wheel and is cheaper (say, £20). I'm not really willing to pay £40+ for a game with outdated graphics and a crappy plastic wheel no matter how fun it is.

metroid_phobia said:
I can't download it as i have no mod chip. But if i did then i would still buy it as everyone has had problems with it.

it makes me laugh, there is about 15 topics each day about having problems with Mario Kart - same goes for SSBB.

I've had no problems with either, you're exaggerating.

just because YOU didn't have problems doesn't mean other people did. Trust me the wii hacking forum is full of mario kart problems mostly the MK Channel and blank screens.

The_Cylon_Surfer

Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded this game, played it for most of this week then went out and purchased it on release day. I know online mode will keep me and all my friends happy for months...The Wii Wheel tho ....
mad.gif
uuurrgggh - cant say i get on with that POS at all. Maybe its a single player thing!

Nintendo's 'Friend Code' system and lack of voice chat does spoil online play. But at the end of the day this will most likely be the last decent game to come out on the Wii and the reason alot of poeple have Wi's in their homes is for this franchise,

I made the purchase and its good to see my Wii has been turned on this week (not happened since SMG) so that make it worth it's pennies IMO.

wovva

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
THe_ALYMEr said:
But at the end of the day this will most likely be the last decent game to come out on the Wii
The console isn't even 18 months old, in its first generation of games and you are suggesting that this is the last good game to come out for it?

What a ridiculous statement, what is that based on?

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i went and bought it at midnight on the 11th from ASDA
tongue.gif
just for the fuck of it. glad i got it cause i'm hooked on it... went and bought another wheel too and its great fun with friends
smile.gif

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
metroid_phobia said:
Carnivean said:
I pirated it but will buy it when it doesn't come with the useless wheel and is cheaper (say, £20). I'm not really willing to pay £40+ for a game with outdated graphics and a crappy plastic wheel no matter how fun it is.

metroid_phobia said:
I can't download it as i have no mod chip. But if i did then i would still buy it as everyone has had problems with it.

it makes me laugh, there is about 15 topics each day about having problems with Mario Kart - same goes for SSBB.

I've had no problems with either, you're exaggerating.

just because YOU didn't have problems doesn't mean other people did. Trust me the wii hacking forum is full of mario kart problems mostly the MK Channel and blank screens.

Fun fact: People with it working aren't the most outspoken. You can't take the outspoken as the majority.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1