Hacking mario kart banning just a myth?

dlxowhd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was just playing mario kart online and this one motherf'er was cheating like crazy.
not just blue shells, but he was throwing constant red shells, starpower, bulletbill, blue shells, mushrooms, you name it, he was cheating like mofo.
obviously, nintendo doesn't care.. if they cared even slightly, they would spot such an obvious hacking..
seriously, he was using 100+ items per game and i'm not joking.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Their method of catching them is by two methods:

a) browsing through each player's ratings/score at end of each game. If it is always at a ridiculous high impossible number, the user is banned.

b) Playing in online matches themselves and then banning players the moment they see them cheating.

phpgeek

Trophies
XP
Country
I hate cheaters but you can rest assured that he will be caught and once you're banned you're banned!

D

Deleted User

There's like, this banning-wave. He's lucky he's not in one.

What I meant by baning-wave is, mods are on the rise during a banning-wave, and bans all people who is cheating.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
phpgeek said:
I hate cheaters but you can rest assured that he will be caught and once you're banned you're banned!
I doubt this highly
i can garantee you that there will be / is a way to completely Unban yourself.
depending on what they are banning (serial of console, mac address ect)
all these things surely can be 100% Spoofed.
so No hacking wont stop and No they cant 100% ban you permanently.

dlxowhd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
b) Playing in online matches themselves and then banning players the moment they see them cheating.

LoL.
that's a real advanced way of detecting hacks... kudos to nintendo.

how do you get rediculously high ratings? by finishing the race ridiculously fast? because using 100+ items obviously failed to get detected.

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
by the way guys they will also ban people by friend codes posted on wii hacking sites, which is y i dont post my friend codes on the forums, i only message it to people

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
i Herd they are doing ban waves but its for hacking not for the HBC or anything. They can also ban you by your wiis mac address but if you call Nintendo they may appeal it, unlike Microsoft.
rolleyes.gif
2nd time your banned though its final. but honestly even if they do people could just use LAN adapters since they have there own mac address.

The way Nintendo set up there Nintendo WI-FI connection it will be very difficult to ban cheaters. This will probability not even put a dent into it....

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't blame the guy who made ocarina. Blame the guy who made the codes for mario kart, most people who make codes put a line or two in it so it won't work online. This guy made the codes, made it work online on purpose, and made sure they did. He had a website somewhere...

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saying that Ocarina is only used for cheating is like saying modchips and backup loaders are only for pirating...

It's not true... but the majority of people use them that way.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
blame the asshole who made ocarina

Assholes ? Bit harsh to call any dev that.

I don't blame the people that mine metal for wars or guns.
People that cheat are to blame, I really wish they would just stop.

There are ways to unban yourself, and I hope this becomes more, and more hassle as my kid is rated highly on MK but is beaten sometimes by people that can't play fair, and when it happens he is absolutley gutted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended