Mario Kart: Arcade GP DX For Wii!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by coolioguy, May 6, 2014.

1. coolioguy
    OP

coolioguy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    Is it possible to put Mario Kart: Arcade GP DX on the Wii, just like Mario Kart Arcade GP and GP 2 were on the Wii?

[​IMG]

The game uses Namco System ES3 to run the game. The first objective would be to get this system to work on the Wii. Then, we would need an ISO or file of the game to run.

Would someone have to make a completely new ISO and remake the game or even make a GP DX mod for Mario Kart Wii?

This game does have Wi-Fi capability, but I don't know if Internet stuff will work in the game since Nintendo is shutting down Internet for the Wii and DS on May 20th.

Anyone who has this working let me know! If someone knows how to do this, let me know as well!

2. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    From what I understand, the ES3 is vastly different from the Triforce architecture, and probably a good deal more powerful than the Wii. The odds are pretty much zero.

3. coolioguy
    OP

coolioguy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    I understand what you are saying, is there a chance that someone may add it to the wii u? The Wii U has more capability and i have seen some interesting things happen on the Wii U through modding.

4. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_N2 Wikipedia and System16 says that System ES3 is PC based. So odds will be that if it ever gets cracked, it will be a Windows arcade rip since System ES3 runs on Windows Embedded 7. I'm quite surprised that an arcade Mario Kart game runs on a PC rather than something like a system based on the Wii U

5. coolioguy
    OP

coolioguy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    so you're saying that if it does get modded it will be for PC?

6. emmanu888

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec

Well pretty much, don't expect that to happen anytime soon however, if you look at arcade games with Linux based OS, they aren't cracked yet, a good example would be Afterburner Climax which hasn't been cracked yet. If it had been running on a Windows based OS, it would have more chance of being cracked, a good example would be SSF4AE which has an arcade rip, meaning it can be run on any PC in the world

7. EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    So nothing yet?

8. Brayton

Brayton Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    Bump, because I'm interested!

9. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    There will never be x64 emulation on the Wii. The arcade ROM hasn't even been dumped successfully.

10. Brayton

Brayton Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    There was N64 emulation!

11. SpongeFreak52

SpongeFreak52 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    United States
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
    Totally different architecture. This is not happening, ever. The Triforce (what GP 1+2 ran on) was a slightly modified version of the GameCube hardware, so getting it to run on the Wii was only a matter of time. The ES3 is PC-based and FAR more powerful than what the Wii could ever hope to be. (And no, it's not happening on the Wii U, either)

You're free to try and dump the game yourself and crack it yourself, just know that any attempt to do so will effectively kill the hard drive if you don't know what you're doing.

12. Brayton

Brayton Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    Ok.

13. emmanu888

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    Good job necrobumping this old post in which i already explained why we won't see MKGPDX playable soon outside of an arcade.

SpongeFreak52 and KiiWii like this.
  14. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    He said x64 not n64.

There are so many great arcade games I would love to play, like aliens Armageddon: but I doubt they will ever be playable on PC/MAME.

15. SpongeFreak52

SpongeFreak52 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    United States
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
    Dumps and cracks absolutely exist for many newer PC-based games, but you likely won't see any be made public for several years after they're produced. The crack for the original Fast and Furious title from 2004 wasn't even public until a couple years ago.

Side-note, here's some very neat articles on how some of Namco's more recent hardware's security works:

https://medium.com/@ValdikSS/resear...overing-namco-system-es1-arcades-1f8423fdeb3b

https://medium.com/@dropkickshell/system-n2-exposed-5395436c824d

KiiWii likes this.
  16. Brayton

Brayton Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    The Nintendo 64 (Japanese: ニンテンドウ64 Hepburn: Nintendō Rokujūyon?), stylized as the NINTENDO64 and often referred to as the N64, is Nintendo's third home video game console for the international market. Named for its 64-bit central processing unit, it was released in June 1996 in Japan, September 1996 in North America, March 1997 in Europe and Australia, September 1997 in France and December 1997 in Brazil. It was the last major home console to use the cartridge as its primary storage format until Nintendo's seventh console, the Nintendo Switch, released in 2017.[6] While the Nintendo 64 was succeeded by Nintendo's MiniDVD-based GameCube in September 2001, the consoles remained available until the system was retired in late 2003.

17. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    :lol: - What on God's earth are you going on about...

Kevinpuerta and KiiWii like this.
  18. Brayton

Brayton Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    United States
  19. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Well, duh. This has nothing to do with the Nintendo 64. This is about the last Mario Kart Arcade game, with is both Intel PC-based and undumped. It cannot be emulated on the Wii and never will.

Kevinpuerta, KiiWii and Garblant like this.
  20. SpiffyJUNIOR

SpiffyJUNIOR GBAtemp Fan

Apr 13, 2016
    United States
    US
    Instead of trying this on the wii, I think it would be best to do this on PC. Also, how much documentation is there on the ES3?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Update: Barely anything on this system holy shit. Could only find specs for ES1 here:
    • Motherboard: Supermicro C2SBM-Q (Intel® Q35 + ICH9DO Chipset)
    • CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 at 3.00 GHz
    • RAM: 2x512 MB DDR2 800 MHz 1.8V
    • Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT with 512 MB GDDR3 memory
    • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 160 GB (ST3160318AS) with copy protection
    • Operating System : arcadelinux (Debian 4.0 based)
    It's also Windows 7 embedded, and the system is probably beefier than these specs. I'll dig a bit around more and post back in an hour or two. Does anyone actually have this arcade machine at all?