Mario Kart 8 Toys in Mcdonald's Happy Meals

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by WatchGintama, Jun 15, 2014.

1. WatchGintama
    OP

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    [​IMG]
    :arrow:Source

I believe you can get the toys without actually buying a happy meal. I'm in for one Luigi toy.

2. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Yeah you can get the toys without the happy meals. I recall getting some of the Smurfs figurines for my mother. (she was obsessed with them at the time). They are considerably cheaper if you get them along with a small food purchase like a McDouble and a drink or something. Otherwise they are $2+ per toy. I don't recall the exact prices they had. :P

3. WatchGintama
    OP

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    I thought it was a dollar for a toy. I wonder if you can ask for a specific one since I only want Luigi.

Time for some Filet o Fish and mcnuggets!

4. zeello

zeello The reason we can't have nice things.

Apr 15, 2013
    United States
    marketing tortured animals to kids

even McDonalds fries contains beef flavoring I heard, except in the UK.

yuyuyup likes this.
  5. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    :O I want these karts. I am very envy.
    Here in austria they give us the leftovers of the books which they had in germany last year.

6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

Let's not pretend that Mario Kart is the only thing standing between kids and meals at McDonalds.

7. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Aw damn, here in UK we get books of Hello Kitty and Hot Wheels.

Oh well, there's always Amiibos coming so it's okay that I'll miss out on these, as I also have the other McDonald's Mario toys.

8. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Moved to appropriate section lol

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  9. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 21, 2005
    United States

I can remember the flavor of (real) McDonald's fries when they were deep-fried in beef tallow. What they sell now sucks in comparison. Not saying you're wrong necessarily, just that the fries now are not as good as they used to be, mostly thanks to who can't accept that homo sapiens have pointy canines for a reason.

10. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
    Luigi still has that bad-ass look even in toy form.

11. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009

You're using the shape of teeth to rationalize capitalist factory-farming practices and the torturing of animals?

Nice.

12. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 21, 2005
    United States

No, I'm using the shape of teeth to explain why McDonald's fries tasted better in the past.

As for "capitalist factory-farming practices," it sounds like you're assuming communist factory-farming practices would be more humane. When the mission calls for feeding 68 million people a day for a only few bucks each, the process is what it is. I suppose McDonalds could start serving nothing but tofu burgers, but then nobody would go there.

13. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Ahh the age old argument on how we should treat animals and the Earth around us. I'll put my response to that in a spoiler to save space for those who don't want to read it. This also encompasses climate change as well since that's somewhat related to the whole ethical treatment of animals issue. :P

Wall of Text

The summery of all that is that I have no problem trying to treat animals and the environment better. But that's only up to a point. At some point the future of our species takes priority and as such, I believe in the long run, the loss of some animal species and a changed climate is a necessary sacrifice. That's how it's happened on earth for billions of years before us. I see no reason why that should change.

And now I will go to bed. Please stop arguing about how the french fries are made and talk about the toys being released as that would be more on topic here. :P

14. Schizoanalysis

Jun 23, 2009
    You may think they tasted better in the past, but that's hardly an objective or verifiable statement.

Deflect the blame by situating it on another group of people.

Well, if that's the case, carry on then. You must be right if someone else is wrong.

15. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

Are we playing "Find the vegetarian/vegan" right now? Because I found him!

While I'm sure your commune finds this conversation very stimulating, could we maybe get back to the meat of the matter and keep the conversation on Mario Kart?

Joe88, ForteGospel and Anfroid like this.
  16. Schizoanalysis

Jun 23, 2009

I am not actually, but if there is one thing that riles me, it is justification of ones own enjoyment by totally illogical rationalization.