Not open for further replies.

DroneHD2YT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, recently, i have spent A LOT of time looking for a wii u emulator for 3ds .Sadly, i couldnt find any. So i thought, is there any change one of you guys know anything. Or is it possible to convert wii u roms/games to .cia, so it can simply be on the home menu.

Thanks already

Josshy0125

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, be nice. He is on a hacking forum, asking a fucking QUESTION. Not everyone understands how these things work. Be fucking supportive. Don't be assholes.

OP, don't worry about these annoying fucks. They need to drop the attitude and try again. But to answer your question, unfortunately, no :/ The 3DS isn't very powerful, and unfortunately it can't even handle some SNES games, let alone things more advanced than that...

I would get a switch lite when you can! I bought one on release date, and I'm loving it! I play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe a lot on there, and it's a blast! Best of luck!

D

Deleted User

Sorry. It's just that I get really pissed off when somebody does such a question. I wish everyone would do their homework before coming here.

Reactions: Tac 21

DroneHD2YT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you josshy

i have two more questions though:
1. Is it also possible to lower the resolution, signifficantly. So the device can handle it?

2. Is it possible to create a mario kart game (based on mk8) with unity for 3ds?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you josshy

1. Is it also possible to lower the resolution, signifficantly. So the device can handle it?

2. Is it possible to create a mario kart game (based on mk8) with unity for 3ds?
the res has nothing to do with it. have you read nothing on this thread?

and no. ninty would screw you for making anything copyright like that.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you josshy

(Real time) emulation only works in one direction: A much more powerful device can emulate a weaker device. Your idea of creating a Mario Kart game based on 8 for the 3DS would be not emulation but a port – requiring access to the original source code (which basically means Nintendo would have to do it officially) or an enormous amount of reverse engineering just to receive a cease and desist order when trying to publish a thing like that.

What comes close to the idea of having Mario Kart 8 on the 3DS is project like this one. A project aiming for bringing the Mario Kart: Double Dash!! tracks to the DS version of Mario Kart in form of a romhack. I do not know if this could be attacked with copyright claims as well (track design intellectual property of Nintendo tough not the actual implementation).

Open yotube app on 3ds and open mk8 videos. Simple
Ha. Ha. Ha. Under certain circumstances sarcasm may be a little funny. Pointing at a defunct app… maybe not so much.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: Alexander1970

DroneHD2YT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But if i install assets and use some simple scripts, would it be possible then. I was planning on creating some costum tracks in a beta, so the game was kinda like it, then i was planning to make it look like mk 8 more and more, so eventualy there will be a mk8 for 3ds. Also, if this is copyrighted (probably), is it then allowed to only make it for myself. So i can play it myself. My plan was to make like 8 tracks (they have to look like the ones on wii U) with 4 playable characters. And with the mk8 music, is there any way to do this without using to much textures and gameobject

(Idk if im clear)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play Mario Kart 8 on a handheld that bad just get a Switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

p.s. no matter what ideas you have you'll never play it on 3ds ok, never.

DroneHD2YT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually you are wrong! I found assets of mario kart, realistic models and sounds, music, everything! So if i now use unity for 3ds, i can export to cia, so i can make my own costum games!! When its done, i will share a video!

(Btw even if this works, im gonna buy a switch anyways, but i like experimenting with this sort of thing)

Reactions: wurstpistole

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually you are wrong! I found assets of mario kart, realistic models and sounds, music, everything! So if i now use unity for 3ds, i can export to cia, so i can make my own costum games!! When its done, i will share a video!

(Btw even if this works, im gonna buy a switch anyways, but i like experimenting with this sort of thing)
If you do actually make it, be sure to avoid sharing the finished product here. Stuff made with Nintendo's SDK is a no-go.

Reactions: KiiWii

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good luck with that, I stand by what I say never going to happen. It's easy to talk the talk but can you walk the walk.

D

Deleted User

Sorry. It's just that I get really pissed off when somebody does such a question. I wish everyone would do their homework before coming here.
That's no excuse to act like an asshole. I'm sure there was a point in your life where you didn't know everything.

OP asked an innocent yes or no question and you didn't have to respond. If it was such a dumb question perhaps you could have elaborated and explained to the OP why this wouldn't be possible? Be the change you want to see. Being toxic only spreads toxicity

D

Deleted User

That's no excuse to act like an asshole. I'm sure there was a point in your life where you didn't know everything.

OP asked an innocent yes or no question and you didn't have to respond. If it was such a dumb question perhaps you could have elaborated and explained to the OP why this wouldn't be possible? Be the change you want to see. Being toxic only spreads toxicity
I know, there was a point in life where I searched for a 3ds emu for my DSi. And I'm sorry. I just... Ergh. I have no excuse. I acted wrong, and it shows and I know it.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Except in this case, despite (harshly or not) being told what he wants is impossible, the OP bangs on about maybe dropping the resolution so the game will run, THEN tells us we're all totally wrong and he's gonna import the MK8 assets into Unity, and giving us a video of his finished, full version of MK8 on the 3DS, presumably by the end of the week.....:lol:
If he even had the tiniest smidgen of knowledge how to even import character models into Unity he wouldn't have been daft enough to bother even asking in the first place would he! So get off your high horse, stop being part of the fukkin snowflake community, and accept the OP kinda deserved a bit of stick for the post in the first place. :P

D

Deleted User

Except in this case, despite (harshly or not) being told what he wants is impossible, the OP bangs on about maybe dropping the resolution so the game will run, THEN tells us we're all totally wrong and he's gonna import the MK8 assets into Unity, and giving us a video of his finished, full version of MK8 on the 3DS, presumably by the end of the week.....:lol:
If he even had the tiniest smidgen of knowledge how to even import character models into Unity he wouldn't have been daft enough to bother even asking in the first place would he! So get off your high horse, stop being part of the fukkin snowflake community, and accept the OP kinda deserved a bit of stick for the post in the first place. :P
Actually he was right. I posted mine before that.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually he was right. I posted mine before that.
I wasn't defending you there, also I apologize to Sasori for what seems like singling him out by quoting his post when it was some other lad that started with the snowflake comment..
It's just clear the OP's either trolling, or a bit of a tit: going on to tell us how he's gonna prove us wrong and recreate MK8 on the 3DS using Unity, AFTER asking if there's a Wii U emu/rename the files to cia.... I mean come on! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended