Hacking [Mario Kart 8] - Hack to lower sound effects volume

martygng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart 8 is well known to have sound effects that are too loud which drown out the music. I've seen that the music can be replaced with new files. Has anyone looked into extracting all the sound effects and lowering the volume on them?

Reactions: krueger96

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not only is replacing sound effects not possible right now but that would take a hellish amount of time the way you described, so no.

Mefisteso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, it probably has to do with a low quality speakers of your TV. They're either low spec or simply worn.
It's likely to cause an issue, where sound effects and music are hard to distinguish from each other.
Try to plug in some headphones (at least mediocre, ultra-cheap earbuds won't help at all) into your TV and check if there is any improvement.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not only is replacing sound effects not possible right now but that would take a hellish amount of time the way you described, so no.

It shouldn't be too hard these days

Extract all > batch convert > batch lower volume > batch convert back > repack.

Not too difficult but then again: it's not needed as MK8 sounds just fine to me :)

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
"Mario Kart 8 is well known to have sound effects that are too loud which drown out the music."

I'm just wondering where this is coming from? First I have ever heard of it and google turns of nothing...

OP, if you want help then let us know your exact sound setup.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think he means when you add custom music, the music needs to be edited to be louder over the sfx
so he is looking for a code to control the sfx so that the music does not require editing

i for one would love to have a code to increase/decrease music volume for this same reason,
but than again only a few like to listen to "move bitch get out the way" custom track while racing in mk8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it