Mario Kart 8 DLC with original disc?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by cjizzle, Jan 14, 2017.

1. cjizzle
    OP

cjizzle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2011
    United States
    Have original disc of MK8. Downloaded DLC using WiiU USB Helper. Launched Mocha. Installed using wupinstaller y mod 1.3. DLC doesnt show up as installed. Any idea what I missed?

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Install to System Memory

3. cjizzle
    OP

cjizzle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2011
    United States
    I see. So I take it that DLC installed in this manner will only work on games installed to nand and not disc based games?

4. Edizius

Edizius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    Italy
    No, works for disc games as well

5. cjizzle
    OP

cjizzle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2011
    United States
    Ok...Im confused... Did xtheman mean install the game to nand or the DLC to nand? I installed DLC as mentioned in post 1, so I had assumed he meant install the game to nand (of which I just did and it works flawlessly).

So what in post #1 did I do wrong?

Oh... My save data for the disc game was on USB. I'm going to venture a guess and say all the data has to be on the same "drive".. Could that have been what caused the DLC to fail?

6. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Is your save and update data on NAND? I believe dlc should be installed in the same destination as those. So if those are in NAND, install dlc to NAND, and vise-versa

cjizzle likes this.
  7. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Title says the user is using a disc. He's not installing the game. Just wants to play downloaded DLC with disc. I believe CFW allows this.

8. cjizzle
    OP

cjizzle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2011
    United States
    Yep. That was the problem. I even remember reading that, but I forgot I had moved all the save and update data to USB months ago and blindly installed the DLC to nand. Sorry for noobin so hard... Thanks for all the help fellas

Madridi likes this.
  9. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    That has nothing to do with the save data and update though. Those are still installable on either nand or usb. All I'm saying is that dlc should be in the same destination as the save data and update data

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Cool, so you got it working :)

Kafluke likes this.
  10. cjizzle
    OP

cjizzle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2011
    United States
    Yep. All it took was installing the DLC to USB (same location as saves and update) instead of sysnand. It was my own fault for not remembering I had moved the damn thing to usb. I will wear the noob dunce hat of shame on that one lol

Kafluke and Madridi like this.