Gaming Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it didn't get this trailer revealed in the official presentation, I think a topic may be neccesary for those curious to know more about this game.

Proper battle modes! Return of feather and Boo items. And Inklings and the battle stages look fantastic!

Last edited by duffmmann,
Reactions: Soulsilve2010

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I just wonder if the two platform can connect to each other? And Wii U owners will got this by a form of a DLC maybe?

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
I just wonder if the two platform can connect to each other? And Wii U owners will got this by a form of a DLC maybe?

The first thing I wondered aswell. The player base is already heavily split up with that stupid DLC stuff.
Otherwise it doesn't look much different. Indeed feels like a "full" MK8 should've been, but time is also a constraint they had to respect when releasing it for the Wii U. It feels more like Nintendo throws this one out to have some break from developing a completely new Mario Kart (maybe we are "lucky" and they'll never do a new one for the Switch?).
I hope that they don't bring back this retarded imbalanced item system with the double item-slots (stack 3 bananas behind you and hold another 3, so fun).
I'm surprised they didn't add differently colored toads or Kamek.
Basically they just added some characters / karts, tracks, and items. Looks like a max. 2 month task for the MK8 developer team to me.

Other than that the engine seems totally unchanged. Would be fun to rip the files and port them back with some work to MK8 just for fun x3.

Last edited by Ray Koopa,

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
with online multiplayer being p2p on switch, I don't think so.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
So far the changes and facts from what is seen on the vid and listed in official details. Feel free to add anything I missed.
  • New Battle Modes
    • Bob-Omb Blast (note the colored explosions)
    • Coin Runners
    • Piranha Plant Battle
    • Shine Thief
    • Higher / configurable number of balloons at the start (they all seem to have 5 by default)
  • New Characters
    • King Boo
    • Bowser Jr.
    • Dry Bones
    • Inkling Girl / Boy
  • New Amiibo Suits Image
    • Splatoon
    • Isabelle
  • New Vehicles
    • Koopa Clown Kart
    • 2 Splatoon Karts
  • General Gameplay Changes
    • Smart Steering Feature (noob mode even for 200cc, prevents you from falling down too easily)
    • Battle Mode: Best player has a crown on his head
    • 2 item slots
    • 1080p resolution (on TV)
    • Local wireless multiplayer mode for up to 8 players
    • White minimap on TV screen

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So far the changes and facts from what is seen on the vid and listed in official details. Feel free to add anything I missed.
  • Battle Arena Courses
    • Battle Stadium (based on Mario Kart Stadium)
    • Urchin Underpass (based on Splatoon)
    • SNES Battle Course 1
    • GCN Luigi's Mansion
  • New Battle Modes
    • Bob-Omb Blast (note the colored explosions)
    • Higher / configurable number balloons at the start (they all seem to have 5 by default)
  • New Items (Battle Mode only?)
    • Boo
    • Tanooki
  • New Characters
    • King Boo
    • Bowser Jr.
    • Dry Bones
    • Inkling Girl / Boy
  • New Vehicles
    • Clownship Kart
    • 2 Splatoon Karts
  • General Gameplay Changes
    • Smart Steering Feature (noob mode even for 200cc)
    • 2 item slots
    • 1080p resolution (on TV)
    • Local wireless multiplayer mode for up to 8 players
Honestly this could have been ported to WiiU by a simple update and a new dlc pack. This is a bit disappointing, may I say.

Reactions: 2Hack

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it is and feels lame to those people who played MK8. But I guess Nintendo sacrifices a warmed-up MK8 for the Switch to have more main titles early on.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but it isn't like they had time for a real Mario Kart 9. Would be waiting for it allover again. I do wonder if this will be the only Mario Kart tho. They can do more DLC and just put 9 on the next system.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Other than that the engine seems totally unchanged. Would be fun to rip the files and port them back with some work to MK8 just for fun x3.
Yeah, I might try porting NSMBU and/or SMM to Switch.

I think most of the formats didn't change, or else they must have wasted a lot of their time.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
I meant more like backporting Switch content to the Wii U for games which have just been touched on the surface.
Some formats might just have been turned into Little Endian due to the platform, whereas the Wii U counterparts were in Big Endian due to PPC.
For BYAML I'm pretty sure that's the case (I added LE support due to the 3DS recently). Don't recall if the BFRES toolset had an option for LE though.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it will prob have all dlc included from wiiu, so I'm happy with that.
Yes, that's a fact already

Full retail for a refined version of a game that was released 3 years ago (and I already paid for once) is a bit of a pisser. This should be the Switch's free pack-in game.
Wish I could get a discount if I can proof I bought MK8 and all DLCs before. (In fact, they could check that with my NNID since I bought it as a download. But that again would piss off people who bought the disc version)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction