Mario Kart 8 Deluxe trailer showcases new features and game modes

Nintendo of Japan has put out a six minute trailer that shows off all the new additions that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be getting on the Nintendo Switch. All the tracks and characters from the Wii U version and its DLC will be included, as well as new additions such as Dry Bones, King Boo, Bowser JR, and Splatoon's squid characters. There will also be a beginner mode, titled Smart Steering, which prevents players from falling off the race tracks. Battles return, with brand new courses. There's also other battle games, announced first during the Switch launch reveal event, shown off in the video, such as the Piranha Plant mode, where one team has the piranha plant power-up, and must try to capture all the players who don't. Coin Battle is included as well, where you must try to collect the most amount of coins on the track before time runs out. Lastly, there's a Shine mode, which has players race across new battle stages to get all the shines hidden in the course. Lastly, one more new character will be added...in...the form of Gold Mario... Mario Kart 8 Deluxe launches worldwide on April 28 for the Nintendo Switch.

UPDATE: Ninendo of America has posted the same trailer, albeit a slight bit shorter, in English now.

Last edited by Chary,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
this will probably be the first online multiplayer game that i will buy for my switch.

i wish it was out sooner because i have no games atm.
i will buy some eshop game for the time being.

Zelda was sold out in the shops (when i was in germany..) but i could order it from amazon now.

but i want to try out the WiiU version first.

so yeah, it looks like Nintendo is making me buy the same game twice xD.

i should try selling my Wii U Games at least.

i just love the idea of playing MK8 in my bed with the sharp sweet looking screen of the Switch c:

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The translator never fails me
PoliticalPoniesGestize

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems good enough to buy. Glad they actually put some effort into it instead of just cramming in amiibo support, including the DLCs and selling it to us for full price.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I'm so hyped to play MK8D. Loved playing it at the Switch Premieres and next month it'll be out. :)

IS THAT GOLD MARIO?

WHAT THE FUCK?
Gold Mario has been on Mario Kart 8 since the beginning. Why are people so surprised now?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OMG i want so much to play it
:cry:
Played it at the Premieres with other people around and it was so much fun! There was a guy that was even faster and more strategic than I was. :P

Even getting bumped out by the Super Horn didn't do much 'cause they kept hitting me with red shells so they caught up to me eventually.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No system has ever gotten more than one Mario Kart.
That doesn't mean anything. Nintendo is changing and this is a repackaged version of the WiiU version with new content.

Reactions: FrozenDragon150

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Played it at the Premieres with other people around and it was so much fun! There was a guy that was even faster and more strategic than I was. :P

Even getting bumped out by the Super Horn didn't do much 'cause they kept hitting me with red shells so they caught up to me eventually.
oh man, i hope play this mario kart one day T^T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...