Gaming Mario Kart 8 - Comparison Video: Switch Vs. Wii U

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 14,294
  • Replies 222
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP

They look almost the same with some minor detail improvements which you won't notice unless you look closely.

Switch aka "Wii U Pro" :P

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
No fire hopping.

Levelling the playing field.

Rehash.

I'm not excited for this.
I tried the fire hopping a couple of times on the Wii U version but it was more of a chore than anything, drifting was the real deal for me.

Reactions: KiiWii

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and what have i been saying for all these years, nintendo just recycle the same games.

yet people seem to insist nintendo have the best first party exclusives..... WTAF..... this is the reason i get bored of nintendo consoles/games because all they do is release the same titles you find on older systems and its the same thing with a slight graphic upgrade.

now take away these titles and what is there really?

im sure some devoted fan will come forcing their opinion as fact, refusal to see that the above is just a recycled game or even then mention some other game for some other system because they cant handle the truth or anything bad about nintendo (thus me thinking erm.... isnt that what makes a console fanboy).

dont worry, nintendo fans will blindly rush out to rebuy this game, why do you think nintendo didnt make it a launch game, so those fans waiting for this game will now rush out to buy the game and console (if they dont own one) thus giving the console a sales boost.

give it 6 months (i initially said a year but hey ho) and watch the switch have next to nothing other than the usual shovelware or last gen ports

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
and what have i been saying for all these years, nintendo just recycle the same games.

yet people seem to insist nintendo have the best first party exclusives..... WTAF..... this is the reason i get bored of nintendo consoles/games because all they do is release the same titles you find on older systems and its the same thing with a slight graphic upgrade.

im sure some devoted fan will come forcing their opinion as fact, refusal to see that the above is just a recycled game or even then mention some other game for some other system because they cant handle the truth or anything bad about nintendo (thus me thinking erm.... isnt that what makes a console fanboy).

dont worry, nintendo fans will blindly rush out to rebuy this game, why do you think nintendo didnt make it a launch game, so those fans waiting for this game will now rush out to buy the game and console (if they dont own one) thus giving the console a sales boost.

give it 6 months (i initially said a year but hey ho) and watch the switch have next to nothing other than the usual shovelware or last gen ports
original.jpg

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It's like someone lets him out of his cage to rage twice a day, I swear he has all his comments saved ready to just copy and paste into whichever post he can during "free time".

Back in your cage Retrotroll we've already heard your opinion a thousand times, or at least stop spewing the exact same shit for paragraph after paragraph in Every. Single. Post.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh go fuck off! Take your nintendo hate else where. You are on a nintendo focused site. There is no propose for you here, other to bash, flame, spread hate and start debates about Nintendo. Your not appreciated here. Go fuck off and join 4chan. I am sure they love you there
and here you have it.

sorry the site again is not nintendo focused, yes its called gbatemp but its covers all consoles and technology.

if you dont like bad comments then dont reply to them.

partly where i link to fanboys, your entitled to your "OPINION" i am entitled to mine.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
and here you have it.

sorry the site again is not nintendo focused, yes its called gbatemp but its covers all consoles and technology.

partly where i link to fanboys, your entitled to your "OPINION" i am entitled to mine.
And even you think your comments are bad. :P

Reactions: Risingdawn

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

uncharted - where was that on the PS1.

Killzone - where was that on the PS1

GT - yup that was on the PS1, PS2, PS3, still to be released on PS4.

but yup we can see the fans in the defense already to mask the fact MK8 is just 7 recycled.

mario fuck me yes thats found from day one of nintendo, each console gets the same game recycled with a graphic upgrade.... the basic story is the same thing.

ohhh wait, uncharted is that the same story each time but just a graphic upgrade..... erm nope.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's like someone lets him out of his cage to rage twice a day, I swear he has all his comments saved ready to just copy and paste into whichever post he can during "free time".

Back in your cage Retrotroll we've already heard your opinion a thousand times, or at least stop spewing the exact same shit for paragraph after paragraph in Every. Single. Post.

so you watch that video and tell me, kindly please do, how MK8 is not what i said.

rather than act like a fanboy in desperation to defend nintendont, see sense and then comment, rather than see a post and jump to the rescue.

in saying that, you just look like your trying to suggest this is not the same old recycled game with better graphics.... so your saying you do not agree its MK7 recycled right?

even after watching the video you think this is a complete new game of its own? its even got wii u side by side and you can clearly see next to no difference, yet you call at my posts as if what i put is incorrect..... its all there in the video buddy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And even you think your comments are bad. :P
i just knew its devotees would jump to the rescue to insist MK8 is not MK7 recycled.

heck i even said the things and look at the replies, predictable loyal fans.

i did love the image comparrison, fantard fucks up especially with uncharted considering that this started on the PS3 and has not been on every single sony console, how is that a valid point to use against an argument stating nintendo release the same games on all its consoles?

also noting that each uncharted title has had a completely new story, its not been the same story recycled and the only change is the graphics and how you play the game.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
uncharted - where was that on the PS1.

Killzone - where was that on the PS1

GT - yup that was on the PS1, PS2, PS3, still to be released on PS4.

but yup we can see the fans in the defense already to mask the fact MK8 is just 7 recycled.

mario fuck me yes thats found from day one of nintendo, each console gets the same game recycled with a graphic upgrade.... the basic story is the same thing.

ohhh wait, uncharted is that the same story each time but just a graphic upgrade..... erm nope.
Funny how you toss out that which is the same to make Sony look good, but toss everything which is different to make Nintendo look bad.

You're pathetic. Now, back into your PS4 with the other cockroaches.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no difference at all it's the same damn game with battle mode added and they are charging full price! :wtf:

I can see minor incremental improvements in lighting and more complex textures in that video, but the difference is hardly worth mentioning. I hope Nintendo intends to release another MK for Switch before its cycle ends, or alternatively revive F-Zero. I don't have a problem with the re-hash of MK8 since the game is/was fantastic but stuck on a flop console. But this alone isn't enough.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and here you have it.

I own products from all 3 companies and enjoy my games for what they are. Trying to call people fanboys to prove your point has gotten old. And yes this is mainly a nintendo focused site. The nintendo sections are and have been the biggest n most posted in sections here ever since it opened. You want to spread your nintendo garbage in every thread you can. You belong on 4chan, the ant-gbatemp site

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
if i pre order the game these days (from amazon, shipping to a u.s based proxy address), will i get it on the day it releases or a day after ?
or will it take time like a normal order ?

and oh regarding the comparison.. they look both the same to me, Nintendo is stealing my money for the same game again i guess..

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
i just knew its devotees would jump to the rescue to insist MK8 is not MK7 recycled.
Since you're so observant, perhaps you could enlighten us on where I was specifically jumping to MK8's rescue? Or, were you just demonstrating a knee-jerk reaction when someone doesn't agree with your generalizations?

Reactions: chartube12

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny how you toss out that which is the same to make Sony look good, but toss everything which is different to make Nintendo look bad.

You're pathetic. Now, back into your PS4 with the other cockroaches.

who the fuck mentioned sony here?

fool, again did your tiny mind fail to see what i quoted, it was not me who posted the sony images as a fanboy defense was it.

point perfectly made how nintendo fanboys are the worse then get all whiny assed when people see nintendo recycle the same fucking game again.

do me a favor and state who brought sony into this post?...... ohhh wait it was you.

Like ive said before i am a gamer i own all the consoles, so are you now going to take a dig at microsoft because i own an xbox ehh?

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nintendo already released a video on what's new in MK8D. IIRC, you can carry two weapons/power ups and switch accordingly, it includes all the DLC from the game, new game modes, etc. Plus, I think it would be fun playing on the Switch offline if you have a friend since you can just use the joycons to play with your buddy. Carry the switch around and maybe have fun with someone. I don't own a Switch, though. haha. I would've love to see a new Mario Kart and not an upgraded port but I guess they just really wanted to push some games to the console to populate it. Well, as long as people are having fun playing, then it's a win-win. I'm still having fun playing with my Wii U.

kidcharlemagne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I'm happy they're releasing it for the Switch because I skipped the Wii & Wii U and I've been waiting to play Mario Kart for a long time. I imagine a lot of people skipped the Wii U, and the game will be fresh to them as well. If you already have it on the Wii U, then you're free to enjoy it until MK9 comes out; or, if you don't care about Mario Kart, then I guess this whole topic doesn't really pertain to you :)

Reactions: Cortador

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it