Hacking Mario Kart 8 AI mod: Are you craving a challenge?

GOT4N

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
So I've been tampering with Mario Kart 8's parameter files, and found that the AI for this game is much easier to edit than Mario Kart Wii's. This inspired me to make this mod, which improves the game's AI in all CC modes.

What does it do?

It buffs the AI difficulty on all settings.
  • "Easy" is based on Mario Kart 8's Normal mode, with the CPU difficuly set to "0.92f"
  • "Normal" is based on Mario Kart 8's Hard mode, with the CPU difficulty set to "1.015f"
  • "Hard" mode activates the buffed CPU's, their difficulty set to "1.21f", You'll need to take near perfect lines, firehop, and make sure not to get hit. The slower CPU's have their difficulty raised from "0.5f" to "0.92f", making it more likely for you to fall behind.
Other tweaks
The accuracy of the AI items has been improved. Now they will almost always land a perfect shot at the Hard difficulty.
The AI will always Rocket Start on Hard Mode.
The AI will always land tricks in Hard mode.
The 200cc AI has been tweaked, they no longer bump into walls or fall off in "Hard" mode. This is apparent in courses such as SNES Rainbow Road and DS Tick Tock Clock.

Download Link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/26a7y7d22jzjgd2/Mario_Kart_AI_mod.rar

How to install
To install the mod, extract the files and place them in the vol/contents/race_common/ai folder in Cafiine. You'll need to restart the game to see the changes take effect when you load them for the first time.
Can you do it for europe version please?

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
So I've been tampering with Mario Kart 8's parameter files, and found that the AI for this game is much easier to edit than Mario Kart Wii's. This inspired me to make this mod, which improves the game's AI in all CC modes.

What does it do?

It buffs the AI difficulty on all settings.
  • "Easy" is based on Mario Kart 8's Normal mode, with the CPU difficuly set to "0.92f"
  • "Normal" is based on Mario Kart 8's Hard mode, with the CPU difficulty set to "1.015f"
  • "Hard" mode activates the buffed CPU's, their difficulty set to "1.21f", You'll need to take near perfect lines, firehop, and make sure not to get hit. The slower CPU's have their difficulty raised from "0.5f" to "0.92f", making it more likely for you to fall behind.
Other tweaks
The accuracy of the AI items has been improved. Now they will almost always land a perfect shot at the Hard difficulty.
The AI will always Rocket Start on Hard Mode.
The AI will always land tricks in Hard mode.
The 200cc AI has been tweaked, they no longer bump into walls or fall off in "Hard" mode. This is apparent in courses such as SNES Rainbow Road and DS Tick Tock Clock.

Download Link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/26a7y7d22jzjgd2/Mario_Kart_AI_mod.rar

How to install
To install the mod, extract the files and place them in the vol/contents/race_common/ai folder in Cafiine. You'll need to restart the game to see the changes take effect when you load them for the first time.

I think you should correct the "contents" into "content", without the 's' at the end.

memoryman3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you could, it'd be nice to have an easier AI hack as well (including homing green shells maybe?) because my night time meds shut down half of my brain and it's hard to play this game sometimes...
Thank you in advance if you at least consider it...

The Easy Ai are already laughable as they are, but I will consider it.

George35000vr

hippity hoppity get off my property
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Any tips to use it on SDCafiine
SDCafiine works only with games that utilizes sdcard such as Smash.It won't work with MK8 unfortunattely.Alternatively you can dump the MK8 files,add this mod and then launch with loadiine.That's what im doing atm ;).

Last edited by George35000vr,

anthony dana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I run on loadiine WiiU mario kart with 8 ca 4.1 putting a worm day and i mario kart 8 dumper dumper with ddd in the file 5.5.1les happy dlc code and meta save jai win almost everything on mario kart 8 and jai reusir has started on loadiine in SMath bros and put my ds updates loadiine its launch mario kart 8 v64 ver4.1 and I have all the character while cutting on by loadiine against kant met in line with the original game function with its download games not running yet online puts ds mario kart 8 dlc jai the mercedes which must download puts the games told me to update and DLC animal crossing and zelda and I have them on the 200cc loadiine kant launch mario kart 8 v64 ver 4.1

Last edited by anthony dana,

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I run on loadiine WiiU mario kart with 8 ca 4.1 putting a worm day and i mario kart 8 dumper dumper with ddd in the file 5.5.1les happy dlc code and meta save jai win almost everything on mario kart 8 and jai reusir has started on loadiine in SMath bros and put my ds updates loadiine its launch mario kart 8 v64 ver4.1 and I have all the character while cutting on by loadiine against kant met in line with the original game function with its download games not running yet online puts ds mario kart 8 dlc jai the mercedes which must download puts the games told me to update and DLC animal crossing and zelda and I have them on the 200cc loadiine kant launch mario kart 8 v64 ver 4.1
What? If it doesn't launch, it's because you need Smash

GoldCobra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Umm, I can't seem to get this working, or the CPU on Hard still sucks enough lol.

I did everything like in this video:

Instead the cafiine_root looks for me lik "cafiine_root\00050000-1010ED00\vol\content\race_common\ai\ALLFILES.byaml

The Cafiine log also is not showing anything related to the byaml files. What might be the issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands