Gaming Mario Kart 7 Spotpass Broken?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I was about to play some time trials against spotpass data on MK7 (which I haven't done in a while) but it turns out it doesn't work. I can get to the MK channel screen, select which spotpass data to race and get the 'loading please wait do not turn off blah blah blah' screen. But at that it just stops, the animation on the top screen still runs, I get the picture of a home with a line through it if I press home and I can still adjust 3D and sound. The only way out is the press the power button which returns me to the 'software closed screen'. Then, if I press home it gets stuck on loading it (I can still turn 3d on/off) and the only way out is to hold the power button.

Any ideas?

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That happens to me occasionally. You just need to do a hard reset and it should work fine again. I'm using a release day Aqua Blue 3DS if that matters, btw.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It happens to me sometimes. Half the time, it's the same as your problem, but more often I just wait it out and it'll load.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried again (with the same ghost data though) about 10 hours later. It's still broken and the 3DS has been turned off (not sleep mode) for the past 9 hours.

Edit: And yes, I've got the update. :)

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried again (with the same ghost data though) about 10 hours later. It's still broken and the 3DS has been turned off (not sleep mode) for the past 9 hours.

Edit: And yes, I've got the update. :)
Maybe that's the problem. Try uninstall and reinstall. If that doesn't work delete the extra data. It sounds like the 3DS is having one of its famous SD loading bugs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: