ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DreadY2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if any work had been done for a random track/cup selector (like CTGP-R for the Wii has)? I'd like that as a new feature if it's doable.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if any work had been done for a random track/cup selector (like CTGP-R for the Wii has)? I'd like that as a new feature if it's doable.
I mean.... you can do random VS courses already. And the suggestion box is collectively closed for CTGP7 currently due to an overabundance of suggestions and a lack of able volunteers XD

blackwolf25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my luma to 11.0 with plugin loader on and now when I launch ctgp 7 it just reboots my 3ds and before it was on 10.2.1 and it worked fine. What's wrong?

Last edited by blackwolf25,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I updated my luma to 11.0 with plugin loader on and now when I launch ctgp 7 it just reboots my 3ds and before it was on 10.2.1 and it worked fine. What's wrong?
Luma 11.0 broke compatibility with CTGP-7 versions which are prior to 1.3.2. You need to downgrade luma to 10.3 temporarily, launch CTGP-7 to update to the latest version and then you can install 11.0 back

Chupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed CTGP-7 and it's wonderful having so many courses and MKDS features. However it takes eons to launch every time, patching 32 files and then slowly applying an ips patch. Is there any reason it can't cache the patched files and only re-patch them if something has changed?

Also, how much is supposed to be unlocked at the start? I seem to have all 16 characters + Mii, all kart parts other than the gold ones, and all cups selectable, before doing any races. Not that I'm complaining about this -- I just expected to have to unlock stuff like in the base game.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I just installed CTGP-7 and it's wonderful having so many courses and MKDS features. However it takes eons to launch every time, patching 32 files and then slowly applying an ips patch. Is there any reason it can't cache the patched files and only re-patch them if something has changed?

Also, how much is supposed to be unlocked at the start? I seem to have all 16 characters + Mii, all kart parts other than the gold ones, and all cups selectable, before doing any races. Not that I'm complaining about this -- I just expected to have to unlock stuff like in the base game.
The patching process shouldn't act like that, should only happen the first boot and after changing custom characters/karts. Are you sure it keeps happening even if you don't change any settings related to those mentioned?

Everything is unlocked so that mission mode doesn't cause issues. Golden parts are not used in missions, so they are not unlocked by default.

Chupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patching process shouldn't act like that, should only happen the first boot and after changing custom characters/karts. Are you sure it keeps happening even if you don't change any settings related to those mentioned?
You're right. I was monkeying with settings. Now I see if I don't change anything it loads up much quicker.

Everything is unlocked so that mission mode doesn't cause issues. Golden parts are not used in missions, so they are not unlocked by default.
Alright, I just wanted to make sure it was working properly since I'd seen people talk about copying their main MK7 save over to unlock stuff, but I figure that was from before mission mode.

blackwolf25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma 11.0 broke compatibility with CTGP-7 versions which are prior to 1.3.2. You need to downgrade luma to 10.3 temporarily, launch CTGP-7 to update to the latest version and then you can install 11.0 back
Thanks Is there anywhere where I can manually download it without using my 3ds? On the gamebanana page its just the installer and it doesn't have all the files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi