ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

haxnume

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
haxnume.hatenablog.com
XP
Country
Japan
long time no see!
I brought a better Japanese translation file.
Please use freely!
But how do you use the code created by using the code generator in the ingame plugin?
Finally, thank you for reading my poor English.

Attachments

• Lang_JPN.txt
    6 KB · Views: 235
Reactions: PabloMK7

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
long time no see!
I brought a better Japanese translation file.
Please use freely!
But how do you use the code created by using the code generator in the ingame plugin?
Finally, thank you for reading my poor English.
You have to put that code in a community description when creating it.

Reactions: haxnume

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@haxnume I've updated the translation files with 0.19 text.
https://github.com/mariohackandglitch/CTGP-7updates/tree/master/lang

I was wondering why you didn't translate the line "empty". That line is displayed when a track is selected in the course manager that doesn't have a custom track on it, so it means like "empty slot".

Thanks again for the translation, added you to the credits. :D

Reactions: haxnume

haxnume

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
haxnume.hatenablog.com
XP
Country
Japan
@haxnume I've updated the translation files with 0.19 text.
https://github.com/mariohackandglitch/CTGP-7updates/tree/master/lang

I was wondering why you didn't translate the line "empty". That line is displayed when a track is selected in the course manager that doesn't have a custom track on it, so it means like "empty slot".

Thanks again for the translation, added you to the credits. :D

I originally translated empty, but empty in Japanese it looks bad,also empty is cooler than everything.
Thank you too.

MJ7114

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey PabloMK7, I made a thread about a problem i was having with making custom tracks, and I was hoping you could help. Here's the link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-with-making-custom-track-for-cgtp-7.516094/

But anyways, here's what I said.

Whenever i try to make a custom track for CGTP-7, it always freezes. I have been following this guide, https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-create-custom-mario-kart-7-tracks.403687/ , and i will tell you everything i did

1. Make the model in Blender that has the same dimensions as Gds_LuigisMansion (in the .zip file) using 4 textures that are in .png format and are 512x512, and the entire model has less than 50 vertices.
2. Exported the model in .obj
3. Converted the .obj into .bcmdl using EFE, and made the .kcl file out of the same .obj.
4. i took .kmp from Luigis Mansion and edited it to fit mine, as well as changing the height of the points of the enemies and item's route/path
5. I replaced the map, collision, and .kmp files of the original Luigis Mansion with mine
6. saved the .szs, and put it in the following directory: sdroot:\CTGP-7\gamefs\Course and replaced the Luigis Mansion szs with mine.

I then try to launch it in CGTP-7, and freezes. I have put the attempt of the custom track under here to view, as well as the model and the .blend file i made it in, and the original .szs i was trying to modify. I also have one question, and it is about if there is any program to test szs files, so i would not have to keep crashing my 3ds and stop having to put my sd card in my computer then my 3ds?

Any help would be appreciated!

I have put the download for the files in my thread, so just go there to take a look at them. Thanks!

able

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was playing last night with no problem, now everytime i pick a racer on the online, i get a crash dump

able

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, you respond very quickly. i did indeed have a cart as a present. i just uploaded crash to github, just ignore it then. thanks

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great job with the mod. What I don't really understand is why the only way to exit is by hard shutdown. Surely it doesn't take too much memory to make the home button "ask to exit" like a DS flashcart does it?

I'd understand it more if you can't implement it due to bugs or stability issues. Please let me know, because ultimately I'd rather not power down the console after every time I play. Thanks!

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Great job with the mod. What I don't really understand is why the only way to exit is by hard shutdown. Surely it doesn't take too much memory to make the home button "ask to exit" like a DS flashcart does it?

I'd understand it more if you can't implement it due to bugs or stability issues. Please let me know, because ultimately I'd rather not power down the console after every time I play. Thanks!
The only way to exit the game is by rebooting, and that's what the power button does, force a reboot. In any case thanks to Nanquitas work and plugin loader, it will be possible to go back to the home menu in the next version.

Reactions: EmBlaze

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only way to exit the game is by rebooting, and that's what the power button does, force a reboot. In any case thanks to Nanquitas work and plugin loader, it will be possible to go back to the home menu in the next version.
That's great to hear. Just have to wait for the game to install the next update right? Or will there be any extra setup involved? Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr