Ultimate USB Loader 6.7
Mario Galaxy PAL

Wii specs:
3.2E
cIOS36-rev10
IOS38, 53, 55 and everything else
WiiKey 1.9s
HDD SeaGate Freeagent go 320GB - sleep is DISABLED

Last time I played Mario Galaxy from the dsic it worked flawlessly, but when I run it from the HDD it freezes at random, it could be literally a minute into the game or 30 minutes in, it even did it once on the title screen.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it but still the same, it freezes with looping sound and i have to turn the wii off since the whole thing locks up.

Now Klonoa, I could never boot this game with my setup with ANYTHING other than the disc channel and only if the game is converted to PAL and brickblocked.

my NTSCJ-PAL Brickblocked ISO freezes when I run it from the USB Loader on a blackscreen and the original NTSCJ ISO freezes on a green screen like it does when i try to run it with Gamma or GeckoOS.

Every other game I tried seems to work great though, I've put hours and hours into Rune Factory and played a ton of Brawl since i play that game a lot anyway.

Sorry about all the topics i make but GBATemp's forum search is absolutely terrible

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Well I'm downloading the NTSC US Mario Galaxy so we'll see if that works, but I somehow doubt it.

I just wish i could figure out what's with Klonoa and my system, I can play it from the disc channel if converted to PAL but i assume that's because i have a modchip, i seem to be missing something software-wise so it doesn't boot with softmods/hacks

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya the random freezing in Super Mario Galaxy is a common issue, hope a fix is released someday.
smile.gif

Sebastian25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no its a problem with your guys external hard drives. If you used a FLASH USB drive it runs flawless.

but then again hard drives are more prone to fragmentation and slow down than flash drives.

HUELEN10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sebastian25 said:
no its a problem with your guys external hard drives. If you used a FLASH USB drive it runs flawless.

but then again hard drives are more prone to fragmentation and slow down than flash drives.
I have used my my passport WD 320GB external and no problems here. BTW, any lit anywhere of game compatibility?

Sebastian25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its also consuming a lot more electricity which is pointless to run one game.
32 GB flash drive fits 80|% of the games worth playing on the Wii... I dont see the point in people going out and buying a 500 GB hard drive to play Wii games..

HUELEN10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sebastian25 said:
its also consuming a lot more electricity which is pointless to run one game.
32 GB flash drive fits 80|% of the games worth playing on the Wii... I dont see the point in people going out and buying a 500 GB hard drive to play Wii games..
Because the Wii is not even 3 years old and more stuff is bound to come out. I put every game I own on the USB HDD and after a few hours, the total was near 70GB and it is only gonna grow as time goes on. That is why some of us are going the HDD route.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Galaxy works fine for me. Get a better hard drive. I don't know about Klonoa, although it's possible that it uses multiple IOS's.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well I just bought this HDD couple days ago and the hard drive has worked flawlessly with all my other games, Klonoa doesn't really count since I have problems with that anyway.
I don't think its fragmentation either since it was one of the first games i installed to the HDD when i got it, then i had to reformat because i didn't disable sleep mode, so I did that and again, after the reformat i installed SMG again and it's no good.

I might try the US version later if some of you say it works but I dunno.

There's no way the HDD has fragementation issues after not even a full days of use when the games don't really write any data to it, they just load into the system memory.

edit: I'll try running it off my flash drive, see if it works from that.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't want to speak too soon, but the US version seems to be running flawlessly for me from my hard drive.
Before I never made it past the training and the furthest I managed to get was two planets after the bunny chase planet so I was never even able to get the first star, with the US version I'm currently standing in the Observatory and the game has been running just fine for well over 25 minutes now.

In my first post I said the game froze 30 minutes in back when i had the EU ISO installed, well now that I think about it I guess I was wrong, must've been 10 or so minutes lol

I love SMG, too bad I have to start over since i lost my save couple months ago, but I don't mind lol

I have a feeling the EU version is the only problematic one but this needs more testing

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
HUELEN10 said:
I have used my my passport WD 320GB external and no problems here. BTW, any lit anywhere of game compatibility?
Same here 'cept I have a 120 GB one. I'm half way through the game and no problems at all.

EDIT: I'm on 3.3U, USB Loader 1.1, and ummm... what else?
EDIT2: Oh yeah I'm playing US version

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it seems the PAL version is the faulty one, it's late....eer early now 8:32AM so it's time for me to go to bed lol but later today if i have time i'll play a lot of mario galaxy just to see if the PAL version really is the bad one since so far I havent had a problem with the US one.

btw Blast Works doesn't work from the usb loader...i think, at least the US one i have boots to a black screen lol

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
^ that list seems so wrong
for me the PAL SMG freezes to hell and back with 1.4 and Blast Works NTSC U boots to a black screen, but the US Mario Galaxy as I said seems to work great.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
maybe you can try 1.5 now. mayb that will work? for me i played my burnt version until i got past the place that kept on freezing on me. then switched to the usb loader. i payed 2 hours straight and nothing happened. even left the game for 25min and started playing agin and it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s