Mario Galaxy 2 player?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Mar 16, 2007.

Mar 16, 2007

Mario Galaxy 2 player? by Hadrian at 9:49 AM (636 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Look here. [​IMG] Please let it not be a mistake!

2. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    It was said before that they wanted to get two people to play together by one person holding the nunchuck and controlling Mario and the other holding the wiimote to help him.

I'm not sure if this is what they're talking about or if there is a full co-op mode.

3. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    that would be awkward imo [​IMG]
    it's like sharing the nes controller.. where one player handles the buttons and the other handles the dpad. (i.e. track n field)
    tho there would be 1 meter between u.

4. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    i think it's most likely what opium already said, I don't forsee a split/same screen type of coop mode in mario galaxy this late in the game

5. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    I hope this isnt true, mario games should stick to be one player for the main part of the game.

6. andreq

Member andreq GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Multiplayer

During an interview with IGN,[4] Takashi Tezuka, Nintendo's analysis and development's general manager, stated that multiplayer for Super Mario Galaxy is more likely to be co-operative. Two-player functionality was already confirmed for the game. The development team is already experimenting with new ways to use the Wii Remote so that one player can control Mario while the other aids him. Conversely, Miyamoto also suggested that the second player could have the ability to interfere with Mario's progress.

from wikipedia...

and I read also that they could posibily be a 4 player mode where the 3 other player change the world around mario (player 1)