Mario Galaxy 2 player?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Look here. [​IMG] Please let it not be a mistake!

2. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    It was said before that they wanted to get two people to play together by one person holding the nunchuck and controlling Mario and the other holding the wiimote to help him.

I'm not sure if this is what they're talking about or if there is a full co-op mode.

3. Elrinth

Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Nov 6, 2002
    that would be awkward imo [​IMG]
    it's like sharing the nes controller.. where one player handles the buttons and the other handles the dpad. (i.e. track n field)
    tho there would be 1 meter between u.

4. sekhu

sekhu moo?

Feb 14, 2007
    i think it's most likely what opium already said, I don't forsee a split/same screen type of coop mode in mario galaxy this late in the game

5. jaxxster

jaxxster The Heretic

Oct 31, 2006
    South East London
    I hope this isnt true, mario games should stick to be one player for the main part of the game.

6. andreq

andreq GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2007
    Canada
    Multiplayer

During an interview with IGN,[4] Takashi Tezuka, Nintendo's analysis and development's general manager, stated that multiplayer for Super Mario Galaxy is more likely to be co-operative. Two-player functionality was already confirmed for the game. The development team is already experimenting with new ways to use the Wii Remote so that one player can control Mario while the other aids him. Conversely, Miyamoto also suggested that the second player could have the ability to interfere with Mario's progress.

from wikipedia...

and I read also that they could posibily be a 4 player mode where the 3 other player change the world around mario (player 1)