Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (Japan) Protection Check Bypass!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Narin, Feb 8, 2009.

1. jag299

jag299 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    Ceader park TX
    I downloaded the new M3/G6 DS Real v4.3
    Update
    and I had no problems with it yet. [​IMG]

2. ausdog

ausdog Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2009
    I would like to say thank you for the info on these pages, after reading all the info from you all i have managed to get mario and lugi working on my r4ds

so thank you

i am using the r4ds with v1.19 unofficial software and it works a treat all i had to do was patch it with the ips patch listed in a previous post and away we go, no freezing on load up no freezing after meeting bowser for the first time

so all i have to do now is get past the part with mario lugi kicking a toadstall between themselves

so thank you again and this is my first post

3. Elementalpowerst

Elementalpowerst Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2009
    United States
    ATTENTION: ITOUCHDS USERS (Sorry for the CAPS, but I think this is importnant.)

Along with the R4DS firmwares, etc. ItouchDS 2.4b has been released. I'm currently playing the game and have passed two crash points with ease. I would suggest still using a patched or code added game and playing it. [​IMG]

Other than that, it works like it should. Perfect. GBAtemp should have this new firmware update on it's frontpage after the DS contest thingy.

www.simplepluseasy.com

(I'm not apart of the Itouch Team, or the GBAtemp team. Anyone from either team can you tell you that, Lol.)

4. Kreatur84

Kreatur84 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    Gambia, The

Thank you for the info
    I loaded too for my m3 real system version 4.3x and it works perfect

5. Boo_Mansion

Boo_Mansion Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    I guess I'm pretty screwed for being an M3 Perfect user. Meh, it's just one game. Not worth buying a new cart for one game that I plan to buy anyway.

6. ledgeexplo

ledgeexplo Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Toky, Japan
    Hello all,

I am new here but I need some help. I have a DSTT card with the latest software. I get to the first battle with Bowser and it freezes. I tried to patch the file but I get the error of

"The target file appears to be not valid. Patching aborted,original file restored."

What am I doing wrong? any help or ideas. I know this thread is kinda dead... but....

Thanks all.

7. Kyolin

Kyolin Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    France
    Hi all .

My n5 can't read this game,althrough I use the patch.
    When the game load the save file after the main menu, i've got a black screen.
    How can i fix it ?

8. iMarKeis

iMarKeis Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2009
    United States
    Richmond
    Hey Ppl [​IMG]

I Recently Downloaded Mario & Luigi RPG 3

But Im Having Troubles With It

It Runs Very Slow Except For The Battles

I Patched It & Entered The Cheat Code

I Used DASTM & IPSWIN But It Still Runs Slow

Imma Noob When It COmes To This! [​IMG]

9. shamille

shamille Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2009
    United States
    Hi, is anyone still talking about this?

I have M3DS real and i just downloaded the sakura from here last night.

I got to the part where you're walking around in Koopa's stomach and he has to guzzle the water so you can get around. Luigi just learned how to bash Mario with the hammer to make him small. And then i'm going to the next room and it freezes. The first time i think I had the water in and i went through and it froze but the music was still running. The second time i didn't have water, and it both the music and video froze.

I just think it's an odd place for a protection check (but idk what comes after that room).... Ok let's see someone's walkthrough says
    "Unflood the room, fight a Flurry there and go to the right for BRO. FLOWER
    PART 8. Fight another Flurry and a Puff Blooper, then get a MUSHROOM
    from a block to the right. Continue to the next area."

wow so that's critical.

I'm going to try it on the "Touch Pod" (whatever it's called) side and with the other cheats turned off but... any ideas?

EDIT

nvm it worked when i went to the touch pod side XD

10. ell1010

ell1010 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2009
    has any one got one that works on a r4 if you do can you send me a link please

11. ell1010

ell1010 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2009
    has any one got one that works on a r4 if you do can you send me a link please

12. gokuguy

gokuguy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2008
    United States
    YSMenu has to be used to play M&L RPG3 with R4.

13. Houou

Houou GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2006
    So... is this game still unplayable on M3 Perfect?

14. gtatix

gtatix Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2009
    Canada
    This works at youtube but the guy is a little hard to understand. Pay attention to the visuals. Get the cheat.dat file from within this forum. Any questions, pm me or email me - I have allowed for this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7RJSogtM2A

15. gtatix

gtatix Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2009
    Canada
    GET THIS - and only THIS - R4 from dealextreme
    There are around 10 r4 types. I KNOW that this one works just fine with the YSmenu and cheat.dat file from narin - which contains the patch - within this forum. . Some of the other R4 cards have newer software versions that don't load. For $6 INCLUDING DELIVERY, how can you go wrong?

If you want to be ready 'cause your going to get a new DSi, or you want the best card going period, I would recommend the Acekard 2i - from dealextreme. This one will set you back $14 INCLUDING DELIVERY.

16. lildaz

lildaz GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2002
    United States

just purchased an Acekard 2i....hopefully everything works out smootly

17. Ranma_Saotome

Ranma_Saotome Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2009
    how can all of you guys useing NO$GBA get past the file selection without it crashing? cause when i go to make a file it says rom-image has crashed

18. NightbladeEX

NightbladeEX Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    I think I found a Download link that works with the R4 but I'm not 100% cause I just loaded it until Mario and Luigi Screen in Japanese, and can somebody make an English Patch to, like in Platinum. *snip

19. naglaro00

naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Jun 5, 2009
    Pulse
    Remove the link quickly or the banhammer will strike! [​IMG]

20. EntuTheProud

EntuTheProud Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2009
    United States
    Any chance I can find a Supercard Dsonei version of this fix? I can't use the program that turns cheats into scc. It just dosn't work for me. [​IMG]

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted