Mario and Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story (working) cheats?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by S!S, Jan 15, 2010.

1. S!S

Newcomer S!S Newbie

Jan 15, 2010

I am playing ML³ on my M3i Zero since 1 or 2 months and I have encountered no problems so far. (game glitches, errors, etc.)
    But I somehow can not manage to get any cheat working with the game.

My cheat.db is the newest version from the GBAtemp cheat database but the codes simply do not work.

Also, I am not able to make the RTS-Menu and the Soft Reset work.
    The only thing that works for me is the Slow-Motion, but it just freezes the game for as long as I hold the buttons.

can somebody help me please?

[Technical Information for guys that think about/experienced this problem]
    Is it possible that the game stores several values like HP, SP, XP... with the use of pointers? (I dont know of a game with pointers before)
    AFAIK, it should be able to access the pointer and the adress the pointer points to with a AR-Code.
    ML³ seems to be a real pain to all the hackers and crackers on the world, as it is not the newest game but still not fully "pirated".
  2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    6th Dimention
    ML3 is not even a pain when it comes to cheat code
    Infact it was one of the easiest game to make cheat codes

Protection wise? Maybe !? but i think it won't be a pain in ass for those good crackers/hackers.

Pointer? 99% of them would define pointer as an address that changes/switches

I define pointer differently from others; my definition is all non memory address should be a pointer code. It is because most of the game will always read something from a base address + offset
    (Thats the answer of your question)

Using the first definition we can conclude not all codes in the database are pointer codes. Thus it is not necessary for those codes to be written in a pointer code format.

I have not tried the game on my m3..
    so i am not sure whether cheats will work on the latest firmware + clean rom
    this is just like the same problem as Zelda

If cheats are still not working for you on the latest firmware + clean rom! I think is better you write an email to the m3 team and inform them about this.