Mario Advance 4 problem

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by MidniteBlaze, Aug 16, 2010.

1. MidniteBlaze
    OP

MidniteBlaze Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venezuela
    I dumped my SMA4 cart's save to the computer in order to connect SMA4 to an eReader rom so I can upload level cards and restore the save back to the original cartridge. The problem is that every time I try to open the save with no$GBA, it formats my save. I can load it fine with VBA Link, VBA Tradelink, and other different versions of VBA, but No$GBA always deletes the save when I load it.

I've tried exporting the save with VBA and nothing. Google tells me that VBA saves are compatible with No$ no matter what :S

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Edit NO$GBA.INI

Change "SAV/SNA type" from "Compressed/Uncompressed" to "Raw"

3. MidniteBlaze
    OP

MidniteBlaze Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venezuela
    I tried that, but every time I run SMA4 on No$GBA, it keeps saying "formatting saved data". This doesn't happen on VBA, but I noticed that even VBA Tradelink doesn't keep the save after importing unless I use a save state. If I want to keep the save I have to rename the save from .sav to .sa1.

I'm using Windows 7, if that helps.

Edit: I gave up and just tried to scan the cards by linking SMA4 to the eReader on No$GBA, but the game won't communicate with the eReader ROM. SMA4 keeps saying "unable to communicate".

Edit2: After a lot of Googling, I solved the problem. I had to download a specific eReader save to connect it to SMA4.

4. Shugo Takahashi

Shugo Takahashi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2006
    United States
    I was just about to make this thread, but saw this and decided to post in here.

I have basically the same issue as this guy. I dumped by SMA4 save for e-Reader content and while VBA runs it just fine, NO$GBA crashes if it tries to load the ROM. The "Game Boy Player" compatibility screen comes up and once it fades, Windows 7 tells me that NO$GBA has stopped functioning.

I've Googled and Googled and tried all sorts of methods, including the changing save type to "Raw" method. NOTHING works. Would someone please help?

EDIT: And by the way, does anybody have the e-Reader save needed for this method? MidniteBlaze, maybe? Every link I've found is broken. While I COULD just dump the save from my real e-Reader, I'm guessing it would have the same load problem in NO$GBA as SMA4...

5. Shugo Takahashi

Shugo Takahashi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2006
    United States
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice