Mario 3D All Stars Announced

After months of speculation, Mario 3D All Stars has been announced. To celebrate the series’ 35th anniversary, Nintendo has revealed a slew of new events and games. Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and 3D World are coming to the Nintendo Switch. In addition Super Mario Bros. 35 was announced, which is a 35-player online game set in the original Super Mario Bros world.

In a new video presentation released today, Nintendo detailed several games, products and in-game events that are all arriving for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.This includes games new to the Nintendo Switch family of systems like Super Mario 3D All-Stars, a collection of three Super Mario games of the modern era: Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy; Super Mario Bros. 35, a 35-player online battle in the world of the original Super Mario Bros.; and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, an enhanced version of Super Mario 3D World which originally launched on Wii U.

The game will launch on September 18th. It will be sold physically in limited form, and on digital until March 2021, after which it’ll be pulled from sale.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't know if this has been properly discussed already, but to me the wording makes it sound like the physical version will be limited to one printing or something. It will be available while stocks last and NOT through March 2021. The digital version will be available through March 2021.

So the digital is limited and the physical is super limited. Can anyone confirm?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
super mario bros 35 online play looks cool but you can only play until 31 of march come on.... that's worst then galaxy rush 2 game on PS4. but mario 99 would of sounded better LOL.

i wonder why no mario galaxy 2?
Bit of common sense needed here lads with this outcry of limited release etc - this is Nintendo, we can all agree they like getting our money. ;)
Super Mario Bros 35 is a testing the waters game, if it works (and it looks like it might, looks a lot of fun) then come March 31st they'll most likely rename it to 99, and charge us, Tetris 99 style, for the 'full' version with single player/local mp. Few tweaks here and there in this 6+ month testing period and 99 players could easily be a thing come April next year.

Ditto Mario Galaxy 2 and the limited 3D All-Stars outcry, does anyone REALLY think they'll pull these games, never to be played on Switch by new owners again? Of course not, come April we'll most likely see the 3 games sold separately, and will most likely add Galaxy 2 at the same time as a separate purchase, so they can carry on getting our (mine certainly! Already pre-ordered 3D All Stars, will most definitely pick up Galaxy 2 as well!) money...

Reactions: CoolMe and peteruk

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
latest

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Somehow I feel thankful to my Wii U I am able replay and finish all those games, and SM Galaxy 2 as well..
I may buy SMB 3D World if the Bowser's Fury side story is interesting.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so i wonder are these games emulated or ported? what do you guys think? i bet mario 64 is emulated and sunshine/galaxy maybe ported the source code, or they actually ported the shield tv wii/gc emulator to switch and used it?

PoiRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've talked to several people that will actually buy a Switch now, pre-ordered the game even before they had the actual console. Mario, and Zelda, are apparently killer game series.
I've also reconsidered; while I was hoping for a proper HD remaster in the likes of Zelda Wind Waker/Twilight Princess for the Wii U, my kids (and I) look forward to playing Sunshine on the Switch. Even if it isn't 60fps.

Considering how old the Gamecube actually is now, not to mention the N64, I guess there is a bit of nostalgia involved, people that grew up with N64 and Gamecube often have children now. I don't mind Nintendo moving old games to Switch, it could easily be argued that games like Sunshine or Galaxy are still very very good.

Why would anyone have both a Wii and Wii U hooked up, rather than just the Wii U that can play everything the Wii can?

To make a long story somewhat shorter:
Had N64 and Gamecube; bought Wii with component cables, 2 wireless Gamecube Controllers, Gamecube dance pad, 4 wiimotes, installed lots of games on hard drive, emulators and forwarders and was able to easily transfer saves to/from my gamecube using a real gamecube memory card.

Then I bought the Wii U. Installed Wii U games, some Wii games forwarded from Wii U, and some DS games.

So, as I already had a working Wii system there was no point transferring all the installed games and save data to the Wii U. To properly play the gamecube games I would have to buy a gamecube controller adapter and I wouldn't be sure my 3rd party controllers and dance pad are compatible. Also, having each console on their own input on the TV (component and HDMI) makes it easier to have different settings for the Wii/Gamecube-games and the Wii U games (which are of course great through HDMI).

But, today I recommend someone interested in Nintendo, and not owning older consoles, to buy the Wii U as it, when hacked, can play pretty much all older Nintendo games ever released. No point in removing a well working Wii system though,

Last edited by PoiRan,
Reactions: banjo2

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The opening cutscenes for sunshine is zoomed in compared to the original.... I'm still not trying to get my hopes up but that's a sign of emulation.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It has been said that speed run glitches have been patched out, so there is hope for more improvements!

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking forward to replaying Super Mario Galaxy for the third time in Full HD and without motion controls.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Maybe next year for her 35'th.. but she'll probably still be alone. It'll be all about Link and Zelda :sad:

Fingers crossed for a trillogy release a few months before MP4 is ready..
I'm sick of remakes and trilogies. Its like eating beans every day for every meal.
I'm still waiting for Fusion sequel.

As for prime 4, that game shouldn't even exist imo. Dark Samus is gone. At least the "prime" should be gone in the name.

Last edited by MetoMeto,
Reactions: TheCasualties

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sick of remakes and trilogies. Its like eating beans every day for every meal.

As for prime 4, that game shouldn't even exist imo.
Dark Samus is gone.
At least the "prime" should be gone in the name.
They established non-Prime Metroid Prime games 14 years ago, but I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep calling it that

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

As for prime 4, that game shouldn't even exist imo. Dark Samus is gone. At least the "prime" should be gone in the name.
Has there been new information revealed about Prime 4? I thought all we knew about it was the logo. Isn't it a bit early to start making judgements?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night