1. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
  2. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    Yay? I guess? Minimal effort.

Wait, does pro controller have analog shoulder buttons for sunshine?

3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    Holy shit I just actually read the PR, they're not selling it AT ALL after March 31st?? Meaning if you miss out, you're just fucking fucked. GG Nintendo, nice anti-gamer practices.

Nope, no analog triggers at all on the Switch, so they either either figured out a way to get around that (I'd guess holding the button doesn't keep you in place anymore) or they just expect you to deal with it.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo, Sep 3, 2020
  4. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Not a big fan of 3D Mario. For me it always lacked that fun that the 2D ones have.. but to have all of them in a single console is pretty nice.

MeAndHax, KlariNoX and Draxikor like this.
  5. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

SNES All Stars again but the 3D collection is nice. And in just a little over 2 weeks! Any idea how Mario's FLUDD control works without the GameCube shoulder buttons?

Looks like this is going to be Nintendo's big Christmas plan. Thought they would at least announce a Famicom coloured Switch Lite.

6. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    Uuuungh. Maybe i can use the official gamecube to usb adaptor (the smash one) for it.

Hooray for no-effort releases that don't update anything. Did they forget the effort they put into the first one?

Subtle Demise likes this.
  7. Lotoonlink

Lotoonlink Probably doesn't know what he's talking about

United States
    Rip Wii U...

Victorum and Darksabre72 like this.
  8. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    it's been dead already for years the only thing you use it for is emulation/vwii

9. relauby

relauby Noodle-loving House-husband
    Reviewer

Canada
    They said the collection isn't being sold after March 31st, so there's a possibility that they'll sell the titles individually after that. That's weird and doesn't really make any sense, but it'd make more sense than them just letting the games vanish into the ether so I'm gonna choose to believe that's what they're doing until proven otherwise.

There are some games on the Switch that act as a collection but will put separate tiles on your dashboard for each game, so if this does that then I think there's a chance they'll sell them separately in the future.

10. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    Since it has an extra shoulder button, maybe ZR is 66% water pressure, R is 33%, together is the stop-and-shoot 100%

Subtle Demise, Nightcat and relauby like this.
  11. Lazyt

Lazyt GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    now we just going to wait another year for Zelda news :/

Bladexdsl likes this.
  12. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    Gutted, where is Galaxy 2

13. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

United States
    Welp it looks like I have to take back the 700+ times I said this would never happen lmao

14. Bladexdsl

Australia
    no ones mentioned mario kart live possibly the coolest part of the direct yet

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Sep 3, 2020
  15. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

United States
    Wow. I really want to be excited that these are here (and to an extent I am) but they just barfed these games out and did nothing to fix them. 64 and sunshine have blatant design flaws that I thought would surely be addressed but... Nope. I can't even make myself play all the way through sunshine because the camera and control are atrocious. Lets not mention the fact that you can play it in FULL WIDESCREEN with the homebrew version. Sunshine wouldn't have even been that hard to fix... Just gate progression behind number of shines collected instead of reaching the 7th shine in each level and the major issue in the game would have been solved. Galaxy is fine as is. It's not my favorite game but it is by far the most polished.

OH YEAH (I'm just typing as I go) WHERES THE SM64 DS CONTENT??? I honestly would have preferred they port that game with analogue controls as it is far superior. The physics feel better and there's tons of extra stuff.

Galaxy 2 is absent which I prefer. Both galaxy games are good but if you're going to vomit one might as well vomit both. Since there's so little improvement maybe... maybe it will be easy to use layeredfs to replace the levels???? Probably not

Finally. I wonder if this is a form of emulation rather than straight up ports. If it was emulated.... It would be a lot harder to make a game such as 64 widescreen... Not to mention the fact that so little effort was put into improvements. It probably isn't emulation but if it was that would be pretty huge. At that point we could probably replace the .iso/.n64 files to play whatever Wii, gamecube, or N64 game we wanted.

lordelan, Alpha_GX, Nightcat and 8 others like this.
  16. Draxikor

Draxikor GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    No mario Galaxy 2? Cmon nintendo, at least the tennis looks good xd

17. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

Germany
    I also love how they announced Mario Bros 35 and thats why took down the fanmade browser one

XorTroll, Alpha_GX, Nightcat and 7 others like this.
  18. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

How the f*ck are we gonna control Mario Sunshine's water with no analog triggers? Also, how are the controls of Galaxy with the Lite/Pro controller? Pre-order NOW! But no info.

Subtle Demise and ByteBite like this.
  19. Rail Fighter

Rail Fighter GBAtemp Fan

Angola
    So, we can assume that Sunshine will have worse controls. It reminds me of the Devolution with the Pro Classic Controller.

I wonder if the Galaxy pointer thing will also be worse than in the original version.

20. Bladexdsl

Australia
    sunshine will use the L/R and Z L/R buttons on a pro controller instead of holding and clicking the L/R not hard to figure that one out

Shadowfied likes this.
  21. Stealphie
    This message by Stealphie has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Sep 3, 2020.
    Sep 3, 2020
  22. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    They showed Super Mario Land at the end (not on the Switch) but not SMG2, interesting...

jt_1258 and NoxiousNinja like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Announced, Mario, Stars