Mario 3D All Stars Announced

After months of speculation, Mario 3D All Stars has been announced. To celebrate the series’ 35th anniversary, Nintendo has revealed a slew of new events and games. Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and 3D World are coming to the Nintendo Switch. In addition Super Mario Bros. 35 was announced, which is a 35-player online game set in the original Super Mario Bros world.

In a new video presentation released today, Nintendo detailed several games, products and in-game events that are all arriving for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.This includes games new to the Nintendo Switch family of systems like Super Mario 3D All-Stars, a collection of three Super Mario games of the modern era: Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy; Super Mario Bros. 35, a 35-player online battle in the world of the original Super Mario Bros.; and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, an enhanced version of Super Mario 3D World which originally launched on Wii U.

The game will launch on September 18th. It will be sold physically in limited form, and on digital until March 2021, after which it’ll be pulled from sale.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Emulation is believable for Mario 64, Nintendo have had solid enough N64 emulation for years, and they could tweak the emulator however they wanted to enhance the one game it's running in this case.

Pretty certain Sunshine & Galaxy won't be emulated. The Shield emulators show Nintendo tried to get this shit running on the Switch's architecture, but it wouldn't work well enough at the Switch's clock speeds. They've had plenty of time since those Shield emulators to rebuild the games from source, as well as make the necessary control modifications.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer buying physical games over digital ones, but a limited physical release basically means “Only resellers or collectors are going to get their hands on it, and anyone who just wants to play it is forced to pay the scalper price, or go digital”.

And? It's up for pre-order. Go get yourself one.

P.S. The Digital release is also limited.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,
Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Yawnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What signs show that it is ported rather than emulation? I don't have a very technical eye so I'm curious. I see things like gamecube shaped button prompts in the sunshine trailer and think "If this were a port, they would swap those out for switch prompts." but I'm just a stupid idiot so if you don't mind, I would appreciate being filled in.

I'm mostly saying this based on the heavy modifications that they're making because of the absence of IR pointer. Between just porting it with a retooled way to code the pointer and making an entire emulator for only one specific game, I think they made the easier choice. Also, I think they'd stick to vanilla resolution if it was emulation, but here they increased it, and also there's the whole 16:9 thing.
Then again, I can of course be wrong, but it's best not to hope too much for this and be disappointed later.

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
I have it preordered for my clean Lite but refreshing nefarious websites to see if someone extracted the NSP already.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm mostly saying this based on the heavy modifications that they're making because of the absence of IR pointer. Between just porting it with a retooled way to code the pointer and making an entire emulator for only one specific game, I think they made the easier choice. Also, I think they'd stick to vanilla resolution if it was emulation, but here they increased it, and also there's the whole 16:9 thing.
Then again, I can of course be wrong, but it's best not to hope too much for this and be disappointed later.
That makes sense. I've already decided to not get my hopes up. Emulation isn't entirely out of the question though. It would fit in with a bizarre theory I can't shake that Nintendo is gearing up to release Wii games via emulation.

Last edited by Joe88, , Reason: Don't ask for warez

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nintendo is selling you ROMS and ISOS with nothing more than fixed aspect ratio... LOL
Who'd buy that?

At least update the textures or the 3D models?
No?
Okay...
Mario Sunshine and up are not possible for emulation on the Switch right now. They will be source code port, which is more complicated than just ISOs. I wouldn't be surprised if 64 will also be a source code port, since there's already one in the wild from the leaked source code.

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and you can join them in the dumpster TRUMP SUPPORTER :rolleyes:
Alright cool, better than having to lose strings of hair over a small mistake nintendo makes, having to pay $100 for a Wii/Wii U port, plus having the same repetitive and boring first party games every year, dealing with annoying ass Persona 5 fanboys, and dealing with idiotic Smash fans that can't read and get mad whenever some impossible character wasn't the one you wanted on the roster, and listening to fake Nintendo insiders that hypes up you dumbasses for the next direct and then ends up highly disappoint when said "insider" lies to your asses every single time!

So yeah the indie dumper is looking brighter every day and gets you guys salter every year! [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It is very sad that Mario's anniversary release is lower than what can be seen in the Port of SM64 for PC / Android.
They could have taken the DS version and adapted it to look better in HD.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
better than having to lose strings of hair over a small mistake nintendo makes, having to pay $100 for a Wii/Wii U port, plus having the same repetitive and boring first party games every year, dealing with annoying ass Persona 5 fanboys, and dealing with idiotic Smash fans that can't read and get mad whenever some impossible character wasn't the one you wanted on the roster, and listening to fake Nintendo insiders that hypes up you dumbasses for the next direct and then ends up highly disappoint when said "insider" lies to your asses every single time!
why are you even here than? :creep:

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure most people here aren't interested in big sweepstakes but, Nintendo is running one
Completing missions at https://mario.nintendo.com/missions/
Screenshot_20200903-160856.png

Screenshot_20200903-160917.png
You can also obtain a collectible pin set if you complete five of their six missions, provided you buy the game as one of them. You seem to be guaranteed to get it but also while supplies last?
Screenshot_20200903-161032.png
The missions are simple, you just have to
Visit their website
Complete their quiz
Download an image from their image section
Use their music player
Race in the Super Mario Kart Tour event (not sure how it's going to work out yet)
Buy the Super Mario 3D All-Stars game
Just to reiterate, you don't have to do all of them, just five of them and one of them has to be buying the game.

Reactions: Xzi and godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr