• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Marianne Williamson: ‘I Didn’t Think the Left Lied like This’

morvoran

President-Elect
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the Left has found a new victim to attack, but this time, it's one of their own. Seems like such a nice compassionate group. I may have to rejoin them, NOT!!!

UPDATE: Looks like Marianne is back in the news with more of her own revelations about the left and how mean they are compared to the right.
I can't say I'm surprised as, even on this site, I have to deal with the left attacking, insulting, and harrassing me just for sharing my opinions or news stories that I find interesting. I can understand they may not agree, but at least, they could keep the hate down or to themselves. Of course, some people might say that I knew what I was getting into, but that sounds like "victim blaming" to me.

Disclaimer: I'm only sharing the news, not making it. Even though you may not find this interesting, I do and that's why I posted it.

Marianne Williamson Caught on Hot Mic: 'Fox News Is Nicer to Me Than the Lefties'

Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson became the latest public figure to experience a hot mic gaffe during an appearance on Eric Bolling's Sinclair show last week when she told an aide, "Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties."

"What does it say that Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties are?" she asked after her interview while her microphone was still on. "What does it say that the conservatives are nicer to me? It's such a bizarre world. I'm such a lefty — I mean, I'm a serious lefty — but I understand why people on the right call them 'godless.' I didn't think the left is as mean as the right. They are."

Source: The Wrap via MSN.com
-------------------------------------------------------

Original Story

Source - CLICK HERE
I was unable to find any left leaning sources on this story, but that shouldn't, hopefully, come as a surprise to anybody.

Presidential candidate Marianne Williamson (D) revealed that she did not think the left was “so mean” and “lied like this” until she ran for president as an outsider candidate.

“I know this sounds naive. I didn’t think the left was so mean. I didn’t think the left lied like this,” Williamson told the New Yorker’s David Remnick in an interview. “I thought the right did that. I thought we were better.”

Williamson accused the left of lying about her use of crystals and “crystal gazing,” telling Remnick that there has “never been a crystal on stage” at any of her events and “there is no crystal” in her home.

She accused those on the left of also falsely accusing her of having told AIDS patients not to take their medicines or implying that “lovelessness” causes diseases and “love” is “enough to cure their diseases.”

“I’m Jewish, I go to the doctor,” Williamson said, ripping those on the left for labeling her as an anti-science candidate who does not believe in modern medicine.

Williamson has in recent weeks criticized the “political-media industrial complex” and warned Democrats that nominating a conventional or establishment candidate to go up against President Donald Trump in 2020 could be disastrous.

Williamson will not be at the third debate next week in Houston. Though she has met the 130,000 unique donor requirement for the second round of debates, she needs three more qualifying polls (2%) to qualify.

Criticizing the nominating process, Williamson recently said on MSNBC that there should be a “deeper conversation than just the horse race” and wondered why so few polls approved by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) were released prior to September’s debate deadline.

She added that she is not dropping out of the race, though, because she could qualify for the October debate and her campaign is about “consciousness and inspiration.”

Williamson also warned that process-obsessed Democrats could nominate a presidential candidate who specializes in the “insider politics game.” Such a candidate, according to Williamson, will not be suited to defeat a “phenomenon” like Trump because that type of Democrat will bring a knife to a gun fight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's see how many leftists here will attack her as well. Keep it civil.

Last edited by morvoran,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Some people just can't take a loss gracefully. She had zero relevant experience, and she was only in the race to sell more of her books. The left does not vote for "reality TV" candidates. Even if Oprah herself was running, she wouldn't be in the race very long, and Williamson is no Oprah.

The fact that she immediately ran to right-wing media to complain about the Democratic process tells you everything you need to know about which side her bread is truly buttered on. It was primarily right-wingers donating to her campaign as a joke, so she should just run for the Republican nomination instead. There are already a few other challengers to Trump, and Williamson on the same debate stage as him would at least be great for a laugh.

morvoran

President-Elect
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that she immediately ran to right-wing media to complain about the Democratic process tells you everything you need to know about which side her bread is truly buttered on.
The New Yorker is a left leaning paper. MSNBC is a left leaning opinion channel. The right wing media picked it up because the left seems to "miss these stories" for some reason. I can't put my finger on why, hmmm?

It was primarily right-wingers donating to her campaign as a joke, so she should just run for the Republican nomination instead. There are already a few other challengers to Trump, and Williamson on the same debate stage as him would at least be great for a laugh.
While I agree her campaign was ridiculous, and I would love to see her debate Trump, she is still a lefty who didn't need to be attacked by her own party. All you Dems are making Trump look better and pushing more moderates to the right and solidifying his 2020 win. In other words, keep it up (even though he doesn't need your help).

Last edited by morvoran,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
While I agree her campaign was ridiculous, and I would love to see her debate Trump, she is still a lefty who didn't need to be attacked by her own party.
Regardless of whether certain attacks on her character were true or not, they were only believable in the first place because she was up on the debate stage talking about "dArK pSyChIc fOrCeS." The right-wing already embraced that type of ridiculousness long ago with Sarah Palin, so if she wants to take her minuscule supporter base to the other side, so be it.

Reactions: Lacius

morvoran

President-Elect
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
she was up on the debate stage talking about "dArK pSyChIc fOrCeS." The right-wing already embraced that type of ridiculousness long ago with Sarah Palin, so if she wants to take her minuscule supporter base to the other side, so be it.
While it was funny, it wasn't proper for the left to make fun of her. She believed in the left and said she thought only the right were the mean ones who lied. It's good she has seen the light, but wrong in that she had to find out this way. The right supported her because she would be a very easy win for Trump.

As for Sarah Palin, I was a leftist back then so I do remember what she said was super ridiculous. Looking back now, she was attacked by the left just as Marianne is being attacked now.

morvoran

President-Elect
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You make fun of "the left" in nearly every one of your posts lol
I wouldn't say I make fun of "the left", I find them to be scary actually. Just trying to stand up for yourself and beliefs can get others to accuse you of shit posting, lying, or shut you down all together. It's not right or fair for someone to be singled out like that, so I feel for Marianne here. The left was wrong for what they did to her. I could see the right doing this to someone on the left, but they actually showed her support when her own people didn't.

Last edited by morvoran,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As for Sarah Palin, I was a leftist back then so I do remember what she said was super ridiculous. Looking back now, she was attacked by the left just as Marianne is being attacked now.
In other words, the left is consistent in attacking air-headed beliefs/policy platforms with no basis in reality. McCain actually stood a chance at winning the presidency until he picked Palin for his VP, so I'd love for history to repeat itself with Trump picking Williamson to replace Pence. The right-wing has an equal distaste for idiocy, but seemingly only when it comes from a woman.

Last edited by Xzi,

morvoran

President-Elect
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
McCain actually stood a chance at winning the presidency until he picked Palin for his VP, so I'd love for history to repeat itself with Trump picking Williamson to replace Pence.
I agree about Palin, but you guys get to keep Marianne. We don't want her. She's all yours. She represents you guys better than this side.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
The New Yorker is a left leaning paper. MSNBC is a left leaning opinion channel. The right wing media picked it up because the left seems to "miss these stories" for some reason. I can't put my finger on why, hmmm?
"I was wrongfully accused of crystal gazing, presidential candidat says." Should they destroy her, with those headlines? ;)

So media is responsible to flush out the loonies during presidential races as well. I can also remember a Colbert segment that was basically set up as a piece to get 'im so looney' statements out of her - and nothing else. If you compare and contrast this to the fluff piece that Joe Biden got a few days ago - there was a world of difference.

So yes - there is bias. Is it top down? Probably not. Is it systemic. Probably yes.

Am I very worried, that this women was stripped of her chance to become the next POTUS? No. She stated borderline Insane stuff in public debates. Its the medias role to 'pull that out' and show it to the public. In this case all in all they were rather respectful - for the 'ideas' that women brought to the political stage.

For leftwing media is so unfair and biased - look more at the Bernie Senders case - because he really had, and still has a chance to gain mainstream support.

edit: The Colbert interview with her was around the date of the article I'm linking below. At the time there also was 'heavy' media signaling, that that candidate might be looney. See f.e.: https://theweek.com/speedreads/8543...lk-peace-love-trump-being-wacky-2020-outsider

Last edited by notimp,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, she was the lady who spoke about "dark powers", "crystals", and "magic"? Awww, I wanted to see her debate Trump, that would have been fun to watch!

Reactions: Xzi

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, she was the lady who spoke about "dark powers", "crystals", and "magic"? Awww, I wanted to see her debate Trump, that would have been fun to watch!
60+ minutes from two homosapiens babbling incoherence. I am sure it would grow old after the first 10 minutes.

Reactions: Xzi

morvoran

President-Elect
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Looks like Marianne is back in the news with more of her own revelations about the left and how mean they are compared to the right.
I can't say I'm surprised as, even on this site, I have to deal with the left attacking, insulting, and harrassing me just for sharing my opinions or news stories that I find interesting. I can understand they may not agree, but at least, they could keep the hate down or to themselves. Of course, some people might say that I knew what I was getting into, but that sounds like "victim blaming" to me.

Marianne Williamson Caught on Hot Mic: 'Fox News Is Nicer to Me Than the Lefties'

Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson became the latest public figure to experience a hot mic gaffe during an appearance on Eric Bolling's Sinclair show last week when she told an aide, "Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties."

"What does it say that Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties are?" she asked after her interview while her microphone was still on. "What does it say that the conservatives are nicer to me? It's such a bizarre world. I'm such a lefty — I mean, I'm a serious lefty — but I understand why people on the right call them 'godless.' I didn't think the left is as mean as the right. They are."

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Further reinforcing my initial point: if you want to run a presidential campaign with zero relevant experience and only reality TV viewers for a support base, you run as a Republican. Playing the victim card now is absolutely asinine, as is calling the left 'godless' just because we want a competent candidate who doesn't embarrass the party. Unlike Williamson, Pete Buttigieg has made plenty of salient points about religious values without sounding completely loony, and that's probably a big part of why he's still in the race.

morvoran

President-Elect
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Further reinforcing my initial point: if you want to run a presidential campaign with zero relevant experience and only reality TV viewers for a support base, you run as a Republican. Playing the victim card now is absolutely asinine, as is calling the left 'godless' just because we want a competent candidate who doesn't embarrass the party. Unlike Williamson, Pete Buttigieg has made plenty of salient points about religious values without sounding completely loony, and that's probably a big part of why he's still in the race.

Wow, you are soooo MEAN!!!! Breitbart doesn't treat me as mean as this.

Ok, so to run for president, you must be 35+ years old and born here while maintaining residence here for the last 14 years. No where does this state you have to meet special requirements to run as a Dem/Repub/Ind. Also, regardless of how your emotions make you judge somebody, they have every right to run for president. You can also make fun of her for her faults, but you shouldn't lie about her when you do. This is the whole point of the story, the left says they're "all inclusive", "against hate", etc. but you people just can't help yourselves, can you? Leftists just can't stop attacking people based on their character or views, and you have to make fun of their values.

Who is playing the "victim card"? Marianne didn't in either interview and neither did I in this post. Also, who gives a flying rat's behind about Pete Bootyjudge, bootygig, bootyguage.... whatever his last name is? That is off topic.

Last edited by morvoran,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It was a joke that the Media posted about her being a crystal lady and it somehow became a legitimate. Basically the media and left made lies about her. Like the Crystal thing, and about her saying to aids patients to not take their medicine. But whats whats the focus? You call out my side, the left, so lets ignore your message on the fucked up shit that side is doing and instead attack you and call you a reality star. Which clearly ignores the message she is trying to say. Imagine trying to reach out to people because of some fucked up shit of them lying and this thread listed those points on how they lied, and instead they attack you. Its tribal mentality. Be on my side or you're out. But who gives a fuck about her am I right because her policies suck and she is an Oprah reality star so lets not listen to her. Fuck that bitch.

That clip of her saying that she was told would not be played. But they lied to her. It was not suppose to be public and her trying to get sympathy from the public by playing victim.

Last edited by SG854,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so to run for president, you must be 35+ years old and born here while maintaining residence here for the last 14 years. No where does this state you have to meet special requirements to run as a Dem/Repub/Ind.

Who is playing the "victim card"? Marianne didn't in either interview and neither did I in this post. Also, who gives a flying rat's behind about Pete Bootyjudge, bootygig, bootyguage.... whatever his last name is? That is off topic.
Rather I meant that if you want to get past the first round of primary eliminations as a candidate with zero relevant experience and reality TV viewers as a support base, you run as a Republican. You CAN run with those qualifications as a Democrat, but expecting to win the nomination is entirely unrealistic. Especially in an already-crowded field.

She's absolutely playing the victim card with all this nonsense, probably just hoping to garner some sympathy from the right and land a pundit job on Fox. Or go on "speaking tours" like Sarah Palin did for easy money.

I already gave context for why Buttigieg is relevant to her comments about religion. With another candidate in the race who was already putting his religious values front and center, that alone was never going to be enough to lift Williamson's poll numbers out of the gutter.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gong