felix123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
In a recent interview, marcan said that Team Twiizers is writing a modified firmware that will prevent bricking.
There will be a custom menu where you can dump/restore the NAND. It will still work even if you trash the rest of the NAND.

He also said we can expect Homebrew Channel beta9 soon with bugfixes and new features.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Awesome! Keep up the good work guys!
grog.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
custom firmware!!!!!

hahah j/k
cool.gif

nice big step for wii hacking

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
yup and babel fish doesnt do any good , so does google translate

but bushing mentioned it in hackmii

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
jan777 said:
custom firmware!!!!!

hahah j/k
cool.gif

nice big step for wii hacking
Yah, maybe finally someone will translate japan wii to english, no?
smile.gif

I wish that it will be not that different from Wii Menu itself...really...
shy.gif

Edit: AAW does this black thingy is this...
frown.gif
I hope visuals will be better...
wait...BACKUP LOADER?
blink.gif

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
oh yeah

i really hope they translate it to english

but me and my japanese wiife is getting along better now with very good support of gecko os and a working wad packer for me

but still
evil.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
seems a big fake to me
this is just a picture displayed in the Photo Channel (look at the background)

I got the thread translated in yahoo babelfish and the guy explanation (I will not release a video now because I'm on a trip) seems very poor and without any real technical means

edit: ok, I just read this on HackMii.. I really like the way of thinking of bushing

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
back up loader

bushing mentioned that even if they are making custom firmware they will not make a soft mod or iso loader cause these things are hardware types

hackmii.com

EDIT: wait WTF? back up loader?

thats a hoax there

who the hell is the kazorla team?

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
heres a translation:
Good night;

I am, I'm Kazorla the main group member Kazorla Team, now you may ask, What is Kazorla Team? Well Kazorla Team is a group of Spaniards sceners including myself who have been working on this since Wii went on the market. We have not shown signs of life until now for fear of being "cap" by Nintendo but now we already have the project almost ready it is high time to present it. Faced with all of you I am presenting the first custom firmware that Wii will have a charger integrated backups, ie can be loaded back up without chip.

If all goes well next week will draw this version of the custom firmware that can be installed without problems from the Homebrew channel. EOL We chose to announce the project as fast from here will be disseminated by the news also other websites. If it does not'll have to make myself but I'd like it to be running the news. However, many think that this is a Fake, especially if the strip mirais we left the top and bottom of the screen (much like the Channel pictures), I notice for not judge me. I can not anticipate anything but that strip that now you see white half will be important in the future, and tell you why. Now for the most knowledgeable see that this is not no joke nor any Fake (I repeat that I want to make that clear) I am going to explain how it works and how it installs custom firmware.

Us DOL have developed an application that is capable of reaching the NAND and send this information and that the retention. Using a file / point-we can overwrite deleted files of the NAND (the original Nintendo for ours). At the moment this does not erase the IOS (we do not need that space, at least for the moment) but leaves them unusable (will be there if we want to recover the system). By Boot2 facts we have two systems, one anti-estropicios (we like that name that better anti-bricks) and another to recover the original firmware Nintendo (which revives IOS) and delete without leaving marks the custom firmware. I will not give more technicalities so that we copied the concept (and does not go by Twiizers but for future developers). That said I think that dismissal that I have already written enough. Can I go fishing but I am going towards next week and I have to finish polishing the backup loader. Of this I have not yet said anything that will be unavailable for the moment. Let's start with this Backup Loader Basa in the ISO Mario Galaxy and is currently only able to load this (previously this clear trout) and little more. In the next version will probably already active.

Nothing more to say, I hope you have liked the news

WTF?!?!?1

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Awww...my friend have broken Wii drive and I hoped that this Backup Loader will be from SD card, but no....
But [maybe]Fake[/maybe]

Also, I have drivechip
rolleyes.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
ok from a small "convo" with bushing/marcan dont get calling it custom firmware. from marcan himself

"As far as modifying IOS, you could call it a “patched IOS” or a set of “IOS patches”. As for the from-scratch mini-IOS that we’re working on (mostly for recovery purposes), you could call it a “homebrew mini-IOS”, for example"

so no more custom firmware naming as it will piss of the wii gods:P

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
ok from a small "convo" with bushing/marcan dont get calling it custom firmware. from marcan himself

"As far as modifying IOS, you could call it a “patched IOS” or a set of “IOS patches”. As for the from-scratch mini-IOS that we’re working on (mostly for recovery purposes), you could call it a “homebrew mini-IOS”, for example"

so no more custom firmware naming as it will piss of the wii gods:P
Wii gods.
laugh.gif

So...this mini-homebrew-IOS thingy is real? Okay, my second wii will have a job...

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcan was actually misquoted regarding beta 9 (it's currently on the backburner until there is time so don't count on it appearing anytime soon), and the rest of this is so obviously fake as to be beyond worth discussion.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Stalkid64 said:
marcan was actually misquoted regarding beta 9 (it's currently on the backburner until there is time so don't count on it appearing anytime soon), and the rest of this is so obviously fake as to be beyond worth discussion.
haha. go away, your an idiot

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stalkid64 said:

Um... just one question.... where the hell did you come from?

Where is your insight into any of this? Where are you on the foodchain?

As far as I can tell, you have no insight, so stop trolling if you don't have anything worth saying.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, the guy seems pretty sincere, though it's definitely a lot to swallow that we could be playing backups on hacked Wiis soon!
I'm not gonna hold my breath, but I'm certainly gonna keep an eye out. Very good news about the IOS-modifying, it's probably the closest it gets to custom firmware anyway, as from what I've gathered most firmware updates are centred around the IOS.
Absolutely can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn