marathon this saturday

aimansss95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which method do guys think is better? i prefer slow jog non-stop till the finish line...but all of my other friends
prefer to runnnnnnnnnn and stop.....runnnnnnnnnnnnnn and stop....which way do you guys think is better? i try slow jog before and i think it works!! we'll eventually save a lot more stamina and gey a good position eventually than the one who prefer running...they tired out easily..what do you guys think? the track is about 6 km.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It depends on how far you can run without stopping. If you have good stamina you should run 3/4 of full speed then slow to a jog, then when you have enough energy or if you are close to the finish line, full speed until the end.

aimansss95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks!!
do you think it's a good decision to bring a bottle of water? sometimes if i drink too much water and then run, my lower left part of my stomach hurt....should i bring water? damn i'm confused...

aimansss95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZAFDeltaForce said:
Just do a constant slow jog. Running in bursts just tires your muscles faster.

i agree man...in case there's a pro here...should i eat a lot for breakfast (the marathon in the morning) or just a piece of bread an 2/3 cup of drink? too much water make my stomach hurts...

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
aimansss95 said:
ZAFDeltaForce said:
Just do a constant slow jog. Running in bursts just tires your muscles faster.

i agree man...in case there's a pro here...should i eat a lot for breakfast (the marathon in the morning) or just a piece of bread an 2/3 cup of drink? too much water make my stomach hurts...

I think this comes down to how your body handles food - as example I'm consuming the energy I get through food quite fast...so I would eat a lot for breakfast...but it comes down to your body
but well I'm no pro

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
as a distance runner myself who goes on runs of up to 10 miles on a regular daily basis, i know from experience that going a constant same pace throughout the whole race/event/in your case marathon is the best bet and start going faster the closer you get to the end and end the last few minutes kicking it into top gear. Fluctuating speeds really is a bad idea to go by.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aimansss95 said:
thanks a lot!! i sure hope i do my best this saturday...wait, should i bring water when i'm running?
for shorter races than the marathon like the 10k or 5k races i would recommend you not bringing water because it will distract you and hinder your concentration if it's there because when you get tired you would want to drink it when you really don't need to in a 10k or 5k run but in a real 26.2 mile marathon it is probably a good idea to carry a cold or iced bottle of water with you and only drink very little if you ever need it. Maybe like a couple gulps every 5 miles or so because if you drink it too much you will be in a lot of pain in such a long race. Stomach cramps are really bad to deal with on a 2 hour+ run.

Best of luck to you. Just stay relaxed, comfortable, concentrate and have fun.
laugh.gif

aimansss95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
golden said:
aimansss95 said:
thanks a lot!! i sure hope i do my best this saturday...wait, should i bring water when i'm running?
for shorter races than the marathon like the 10k or 5k races i would recommend you not bringing water because it will distract you and hinder your concentration if it's there because when you get tired you would want to drink it when you really don't need to in a 10k or 5k run but in a real 26.2 mile marathon it is probably a good idea to carry a cold or iced bottle of water with you and only drink very little if you ever need it. Maybe like a couple gulps every 5 miles or so because if you drink it too much you will be in a lot of pain in such a long race. Stomach cramps are really bad to deal with on a 2 hour+ run.

Best of luck to you. Just stay relaxed, comfortable, concentrate and have fun.
laugh.gif

you're the best man!!!
i guess i just eat a little for breakfast ecspecially water...afraid i got a stomach cramps..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here