1. flywithme

flywithme Member
    Newcomer

Senegal
    The Chinese patch is almost finished, it is fully translated and now in debugging and testing stage.
    http://forum.tgbus.com/viewthread.php?tid=1651690
    We are just waiting for it to release (probably Christmas/New year).

I might not know Korean, but I am a Chinese.
    I can help in translating the game from Chinese to English if any one can help me with the technical and graphical stuff.
    I know nuts about ds rom hacking, so can only help in translation.

2. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I think that pretty much everything is inside the RESOURCE.NXARC file, and I'm pretty sure that MapleTrans unpacks everything in the archive.
    DarthNemesis' *****Trans are fairly easy to use...
    [updated]
    Your first time running, you placed the unpacked folder from DS Buff or a similar app into the MapleTrans folder and make sure it's named NDS_UNPACK
    Then when you run the app you do File -> Load All then File -> Export Text. This will convert the script files to .txt files.
    After you update, do File -> Import Text then File -> Save All to convert the .txts to their original and repack into RESOURCE.NXARC.

As for the graphics, I've listed what many of them are in my topic here: http://gbatemp.net/t266962-maplestory-ds-i...iting-need-help
    Open the .NCGR files up with CrystalTile2 and set them to the appropriate settings (GBA 8bpp, 8 width 8 height, 32 tiles wide, palette usually the .NCLR file 2~3 digits below the .NCGR), select the tiles you want (click and drag to select) and export, edit in your favorite image editing app and then import back into CrystalTile2.
    Feel free to use the images I edited (I can send you the files themselves if you'd like), just credit me somewhere.

3. Arithmatics

OP Arithmatics I'll be holding on to you. ;}

Malaysia
    So does that mean we're all set to make a new team?

There's enough willing translators to blend and an image translator too.

compiling with MapleTrans.

Isn't that all thats needed? + time?

4. twiztidsinz

United States
    Essentially, yes.
    Once you have a tool like MapleTrans, translating the text only requires:
    - People to translate Language A to Language B, should be a native speaker of the first language and fluent in the second.
    - People to edit/clean up the translated text, should be a native speaker of the second language and a knowledge of the second helps.
    - Time.

The first translation team did a good job, but I don't think they were together long enough to give it the good polish it needed. For example, the NPC named Luna was called "Runa", Hatch was sometimes "Hechi" and Samantha was something odd.

5. Maplemage

Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Ever try asking the Nexon forums? what internet security do you have?

6. twiztidsinz

United States
    Common Sense.
    I have an Antivirus and Malware (Microsoft Security Essentials) and that's about it beyond Windows Firewall.
    The problem is the game doesn't load at all after the Hackshield thing, also any changes to Maplestory.exe (like setting Compatibility Mode) get reset by HackShield.

7. jarejare3

jarejare3 PROFILE CHANGE!

Malaysia
    Just go to a cybercafe and copy the game from your directory to a hardrive or something and play it from there.
    Its free to play so it does not break any rules.
    It solves my maple problem all the time XD.

8. twiztidsinz

United States
    Cyber Cafes never caught on in the US, and tend to be really expensive (There was one in the mall near where I live that was $15/hr and never had any business).

9. Spenstar

Spenstar "Leave it to me"

United States
    Haha, same here. There was a cyber cafe close by and in a few months lost business and closed down.

10. jarejare3

Malaysia
    lol theres like tons of them at where i lived. + they juz charge Rm 2/hr(roughly 50 cent in usd).

11. twiztidsinz

United States
    I bet you also have high speed rail (pretty much nothing beyond commuter rail/metro in the US), extensive fiber (we have a fiber backbone, but not much 'to-house' or even 'to-pole' fiber, even though we paid billions for nation-wide fiber) and other things that the US is now lacking since we stopped striving to be the best at everything and decided to call it best.

12. jarejare3

Malaysia
    Well we dont have high speed rail.
    Besides Malaysia is a small country, and the good cybercafes are mostly around chinese area anyways.

13. chyyran

chyyran somehow a weeb now.
    Developer

Canada
    How about throwing the game script into Google Translate, just so it's easier, going over it twice by grammer fanatics, thrice by MapleStory terms editors, again, by grammer fanatics then comparing parts that don't make sense to the original korean with someone who understands it. If you need a team, I'll volunteer as a MapleStory terms editor.

14. jarejare3

Malaysia
    well that is not bad of idea and its worth a try. But sometimes google trans give you words like not english.
    Try to translate words like names or (Jehhana) and u will get crap or (butterfly city)or ( jibai ku long).

15. chyyran

Developer

Canada
    Note the part where I said comparing parts that don't make sense to the original korean. I'm going to start doing this now, just waiting for my rom to download, as I deleted my original rom when the translation project fell dead.

16. Shiro09

Shiro09 AAI2 Localisation Team

Since phoenixgoddess isn't here Ill replace her. "Never use google translate."

17. chyyran

Developer

Canada
    I started the project post, and to Toushiro, what other choice will we have? Our best chance is to use google translate and edit the hell out of it, just for the sake of having a completely translated version.

18. jarejare3

Malaysia
    well that is not bad of idea and its worth a try. But sometimes google trans give you words like not english.
    Try to translate words like names or (Jehhana) and u will get crap or (butterfly city)or ( jibai ku long).
    Sry for the duoble posting. Did not realize.

19. Valiarchon

Valiarchon trentacles

Have fun with your google translated version. That's not a translation, it's a complete desecration of the original text in another language. You'd be better off just using your creativity and writing whatever bullshit comes to mind.

20. Phoenix Goddess

Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    Haha, thanks Toushiro. You have the most obvious choice, to be patient. Turning to Google Translate as a last resort will not give you an amazing patch, but rather a headache. You also have to keep in mind that when google guesses, it REALLY guesses, so you won't even know if it's correct or not, you'll just "assume" it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Maplestory, English