ROM Hack MapleStory DS - English Translation Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFrost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Banner.png

So MapleStory has been released and people are in need of a translation. Well the time has come. I'm not new to the scene, yet I am new to the whole hacking progress. A team is slowly being formed with high expectations and willing to work. Thanks to Darth Nemesis for providing us with so much assistance and getting us on our feet, without him this would have probably died.

Our Current Plan Of Attack:
Release a full menu translation (inc. items, equips, skills, etc.).
After the menu translation is complete we will move on to the completion of the games story.

The Present Team:
DarkFrost: Lead Hacker
Darth Nemesis: Hacker
Sedicius: Lead Translator
Hiraoka Minoru: Translator
Clashthunder: Translator
Skyline969: Editor
Darksage098: Editor/Translator

Some Screens (Remember These Are Simply Beta Shots):
Title1.jpg

Etc.jpg

Stone Puzzle:
Stone Puzzle Answer

Current Translation Site (Private):
Translation Site

So with that I hope for this translation to be a success.

WE WILL ANNOUNCE ANY PROGRESS MADE, BE PATIENT. PLEASE KEEP THREAD ON TOPIC AND DO NOT FLAME.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok...this is awkward for me to post here....but i am a maplestory fan since 2001....
and i play private servers (Bad Me! "But i Don't Care") after i found out how evil nexon was..
still...that it came out for ds was a thrill to my heart and it made me joyful...now that i see a translation project is taking place i am more THRILLED of joy
smile.gif

keep up the good work

DarkFrost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tekkin88 said:
Um. In the other thread I volunteered to be an editor, to help with grammar punctuation etc. But I don't know what I would be doing exactly.
Well, for the time being I won't add you to the team since there is nothing to edit yet. But you are correct, as an editor you would check for grammar, punctuation, spelling etc. Report the errors with fixes and such, for them to be implemented and fixed. Tho, if we are in need of an editor I'll let you and others know. For the time being we are currently in need of a hacker. Thats all thats left to get this project on a roll, and currently I find that translating seems to be one complex thing to learn.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This much progress? When was it dumped, yesterday? Well, that's a great sign!
I have pretty much stopped playing the MMO (I have to run it through a virtual machine and the controls match a lot of the commands -_-; ) but I am very much interested in the DS game. Actually have played some myself *coughacekardcough* and find it to be pretty fun. I'd love to volunteer to be the hacker, but the extent of my ability is not enough for full on translations. Plus, my current schedule probably won't allow a project as this.

A gripe of mine is the control scheme though. I'm gonna work on making an AR code to swap the A and B buttons.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem with doing a game like this is by the time you are done with the patch, the game will basically be already out in english and then NO one will use this patch. So as much as we may appreciate it, you're ultimately wasting thousands of hours of your life.

DarkFrost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lazy727 said:
the problem with doing a game like this is by the time you are done with the patch, the game will basically be already out in english and then NO one will use this patch. So as much as we may appreciate it, you're ultimately wasting thousands of hours of your life.
They have no intention of porting this game over to NA or EU anytime soon. If news breaks out of a localized released, than this translation may die.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkFrost said:
Lazy727 said:
They have no intention of porting this game over to NA or EU anytime soon. If news breaks out of a localized released, than this translation may die.

with the popularity of maple story in the usa it is only a matter of time. I expect it by christmas or early spring. This patch may give you access to the game 6 months earlier at best.

I don't mean to be pessimistic but it's the truth.

here's some stats.

As of February 2006, Wizet has generated 200 million USD from the game service in South Korea. Wizet received 110 million USD for licensing the games to other parts of the world.

Game population (as of September 2009):[21][22]

* Korea since 2002, 200 thousand subscribers (concurrent users), 20 million subscribers (total)
* Japan since November 2003, Over 10 million subscribers
* China since December 2004, 50 million subscribers
* Taiwan since July 2005, Over 3.5 million subscribers
* Thailand since August 2005, Well over 550 thousand subscribers
* South East Asia (mostly Singapore and Malaysia) since June 2005, Over 6 million subscribers
* North America (Global) since May 2005, Over 10 million subscribers
* Europe since May 2007, 1.2 million subscribers

sell each game for 30$. 30$ times 10 million = 300 million in potential profit. you really don't think itll get ported? Now i'm not saying it'll make that much or anywhere close but just having that much of a fanbase is enough reason to port a game. the world runs on money.

DarkFrost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lazy727 said:
DarkFrost said:
Lazy727 said:

with the popularity of maple story in the usa it is only a matter of time. I expect it by christmas or early spring. This patch may give you access to the game 6 months earlier at best.

I don't mean to be pessimistic but it's the truth.
I understand, I don't mind you sharing your opinion. By the looks of things I don't think were going to get a hacker and I'm pathetic at this whole hacking progress, so I don't even think this is going to move anywhere any time soon.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
Source that this is even possibly being released in the US at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.