Maplestory 3DS: The Girl of Destiny [100% ENG Patch][Release]

Please update to the latest version before reporting any bugs/crashes. Latest version says v1.03 during the game's boot.

Hey Everyone!

Today I'd like to introduce you to the English Translation of the game:
Maplestory: The Girl of Destiny (3DS):

ip3Qfyq.png

Current Progress: DONE (100% done)
We'd like to present you with the awesome release trailer made by SoyAlexPop for us:

It's out now!

We have worked hard to translate this game for the fans of the Maplestory series to enjoy. Maplestory 3DS is similar to it's PC MMO counterpart but is unique because it has a full story-line focused on an original main character named Mugi. The game features advanced mechanics like environment pieces you can use to help solve puzzles or even as weapons to defeat your foes (things like rolling boulders, lightning storm clouds, etc.).

It's a lot of fun and as fans of the game series we want to help you all to be able to enjoy it too.

The Team:
iser911 - New Lead Translator
(translated 50+% of the game).
WillTheLion - Project Coordinator, Translator & UI/GFX Text Editing
DavidKang- Translator (helped with Korean text)
Flyingsky - Text Translator and Tinkerer
Liomajor - UI/GFX Text Editing and Cut-scenes
Glitch - Text Translating + Cut-scenes
Vague Rant - Proof Reader and Script Editor

Honorable Mentions:
Sliter - Some Graphics
Truner - Logo Art
SoyAlexPop - Trailer Video
IcySon55 - Hosting the Translation Discord

Download Translation Patch v1.03 + NTR Plugin for Easy Use:

Features cleaner subtitles, Korean dubbed videos, a new banner with the actual English logo. A small bug that caused the Chief of Leafre to have blank text boxes has been fixed.

Release time! All crashes and bugs fixed. All proofread and corrected. Also we found a new way to create the .ctpk image files that greatly lowered the file size and maintained 100% quality so the patch is now has much faster load times.Here's the links to the update:

New version 1.03 NTR patch: http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/P0BGr8Ju/file.html

The crash was caused by our .ctpk taking up too much VRAM during the final boss because of how big and animated he is. He takes up lots of memory. This and all other bugs have been fixed. This in theory is the "definitive version".

Please update to the latest version before reporting any bugs/crashes.

Hello Player!

This is the v1.03 version of the game. The text has been proof-read and many bugs/crashes have been fixed
since our initial release. There shouldn't be any more crashes but please if there is a crash let us know!

IF THE GAME CRASHES: Please take note of the name of the map where you were before it crashed
as well as the portal you tried to take that caused the game to crash.
~IF you know how to use JKSM to export your save, if you'd like to export a copy of your
save file from right before where it crashed that could be helpful too.

All that having been said, we're hopeful that all bugs have been fixed, and hopefully you won't have any issues.

If you still find a crash let us know here please: https://discord.gg/xkyPhSX

If you find some broken color tags or text that goes of screen feel free to tell us what
the message said and we'll fix it quickly. Or post a screenshot that'd be even better!

Thanks again guys! We hope you have as much fun playing as we did translating this for you!

-WillTheLion

The easiest way to use the patch is to use the NTR plugin Flyingsky has made for use with the the patch and the game. Or you could always check that one iso site.

1. You need the NTR Firmware to use the layeredFS plugin​
2. Install it.​
(If you can't start NTR using those 2 files make sure you have tick "SysNAND is updated (A9LH-only)" in your A9LH options)​
3. Then copy the plugin folder to the root of your SD card.
Copy all the changed files into a folder called "maple" on the root of your SD card.

4.Start NTR on your 3DS and start your game (cartridge or cia doesn't matter).

The maple folder uses the same folder structure as the normal romfs uses and as such can also be used inside your own romfs file if you would rather use HANS.

If you'd like to use these in your own game with HANS by dumping your own romsf folder, and then copy and pasting the files from the maple folder into your dumped/extracted romfs folder (replace the original files), and then rebuild your own romfs. Name it 00111600.romfs and put it in the 'hans' folder on the root of your sd card. Then run the game cart or cia through hans in the homebrew launcher.

Here's a good guide of how to extract and rebuild your own romfs: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms.383055/

Even though we've now translated 100% of the game, we still intend to refine this to make it better. We'll also fix any bugs or crashes if any come up. Please let us know of any problems you have and we'll happily fix them.​

Last edited by WillTheLion,

lZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
We're mostly done translating now. Most of what's left is a revision of previous stuff and some untranslated stuff still but way less than before. Then after that it's just a matter of importing it all into the game's files. Which we're also working on!

In celebration of the soon to be released 100% English patch I would like to share some of these high resolution images of characters from the game with you all, and I'd like to also suggest that if someone wants to make a theme(s) to go with the patches release that would be awesome!

So here's some hi-res images of some main characters from the game: http://imgur.com/a/tV0rR

I thought of doing the theme myself but I think you guys would rather we kept working on making the game done instead. #maplestory3ds-2016

I've done a exclusive theme for release with music theme and some sounds of the game, I can post today in 3dsthem.es or wait to release date

https://mega.nz/#F!cgQmUKSC!3JE5LR5xFQEpl2DLLrRk4w

these images are a preview, the lower one has 2 frames

Attachments

• capture_2016_1210_010922_IconLess1_lower.bmp
    300.1 KB · Views: 234

WillTheLion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick update before I go to sleep! We've only got 15 files left that need some work on them:

There's 9 files that are translated outside the file that just need the text added to the files.

Only 6 files need translated still and they're all partially translated already!

#maplestory3ds-2016

I've done a exclusive theme for release with music theme and some sounds of the game, I can post today in 3dsthem.es or wait to release date

https://mega.nz/#F!cgQmUKSC!3JE5LR5xFQEpl2DLLrRk4w

these images are a preview, the lower one has 2 frames

Thanks for doing the theme! Can I suggest one change? Maybe change the custom folder image to just be a folder with Maplestory's leaf icon? I think that might look better. Just a suggestion though. I'm excited to see it on 3dsthem.es.

lZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quick update before I go to sleep! We've only got 15 files left that need some work on them:

There's 9 files that are translated outside the file that just need the text added to the files.

Only 6 files need translated still and they're all partially translated already!

#maplestory3ds-2016

Thanks for doing the theme! Can I suggest one change? Maybe change the custom folder image to just be a folder with Maplestory's leaf icon? I think that might look better. Just a suggestion though. I'm excited to see it on 3dsthem.es.

I think it too! I have another theme of MapleStory whit Maple leaf in custom folder, I guess I can change that folder or use another leaf, but no problem!

heron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to play ms on the pc years ago, it is a fun game.
Too bad korea only made a japan version and ignore releasing a version for the world.
A missed opportunity to cash in on the franchise.
Thankfully with this translation, everyone will get a chance to enjoy MS for the 3ds.
I am hoping for a xmas release as well, can't wait to play!

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad korea only made a japan version and ignore releasing a version for the world.
A missed opportunity to cash in on the franchise.
Thankfully with this translation, everyone will get a chance to enjoy MS for the 3ds.
I am hoping for a xmas release as well, can't wait to play!

It wouldn't of sold well. At that time they were trying abunch of different things to see what would sell If you compare the visuals to say super mario 3d land.
Most wouldn't wanna buy it. Now if they could do a club penguin and be able to make characters offline then connect online and play online on a 3ds that would be pretty sick. For now I'll just stick to playing ms2 with random koreans xd

Last edited by RivenMain,

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great! I love the Maplestory art and series. So is the patch for the Japan import of the game, I take it? Because there is a Korean version on Amazon also. And can I install the patch and everything using the A9LH and Luma setup? I am unfamiliar with some of the applications mentioned in the guide for patching this game. It sure would be nice if there was a pre-partched .cia floating around somewhere... >.<

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

heron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great! I love the Maplestory art and series. So is the patch for the Japan import of the game, I take it? Because there is a Korean version on Amazon also. And can I install the patch and everything using the A9LH and Luma setup? I am unfamiliar with some of the applications mentioned in the guide for patching this game. It sure would be nice if there was a pre-partched .cia floating around somewhere... >.<

Manual patch or wait for someone to dump the rom with it patched.

WillTheLion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'd like to present you with the awesome release trailer made by SoyAlexPop for us:

Watch it to see the release date.

We also want to provide the patch EARLY to the first 10 people who join our translation Discord group here: https://discord.gg/xkyPhSX

The catch is we want your help play testing to make sure there are no fatal crashes that close the game. We believe we've got them all fixed but we want to be sure before the full release.

Just post and say you want to have help play test and we will direct message you on Discord the NTR patch version at 6am PST.

Spots are limited so be quick!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night