Maplestory 3DS: The Girl of Destiny [100% ENG Patch][Release]

Please update to the latest version before reporting any bugs/crashes. Latest version says v1.03 during the game's boot.

Hey Everyone!

Today I'd like to introduce you to the English Translation of the game:
Maplestory: The Girl of Destiny (3DS):

ip3Qfyq.png

Current Progress: DONE (100% done)
We'd like to present you with the awesome release trailer made by SoyAlexPop for us:

It's out now!

We have worked hard to translate this game for the fans of the Maplestory series to enjoy. Maplestory 3DS is similar to it's PC MMO counterpart but is unique because it has a full story-line focused on an original main character named Mugi. The game features advanced mechanics like environment pieces you can use to help solve puzzles or even as weapons to defeat your foes (things like rolling boulders, lightning storm clouds, etc.).

It's a lot of fun and as fans of the game series we want to help you all to be able to enjoy it too.

The Team:
iser911 - New Lead Translator
(translated 50+% of the game).
WillTheLion - Project Coordinator, Translator & UI/GFX Text Editing
DavidKang- Translator (helped with Korean text)
Flyingsky - Text Translator and Tinkerer
Liomajor - UI/GFX Text Editing and Cut-scenes
Glitch - Text Translating + Cut-scenes
Vague Rant - Proof Reader and Script Editor

Honorable Mentions:
Sliter - Some Graphics
Truner - Logo Art
SoyAlexPop - Trailer Video
IcySon55 - Hosting the Translation Discord

Download Translation Patch v1.03 + NTR Plugin for Easy Use:

Features cleaner subtitles, Korean dubbed videos, a new banner with the actual English logo. A small bug that caused the Chief of Leafre to have blank text boxes has been fixed.

Release time! All crashes and bugs fixed. All proofread and corrected. Also we found a new way to create the .ctpk image files that greatly lowered the file size and maintained 100% quality so the patch is now has much faster load times.Here's the links to the update:

New version 1.03 NTR patch: http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/P0BGr8Ju/file.html

The crash was caused by our .ctpk taking up too much VRAM during the final boss because of how big and animated he is. He takes up lots of memory. This and all other bugs have been fixed. This in theory is the "definitive version".

Please update to the latest version before reporting any bugs/crashes.

Hello Player!

This is the v1.03 version of the game. The text has been proof-read and many bugs/crashes have been fixed
since our initial release. There shouldn't be any more crashes but please if there is a crash let us know!

IF THE GAME CRASHES: Please take note of the name of the map where you were before it crashed
as well as the portal you tried to take that caused the game to crash.
~IF you know how to use JKSM to export your save, if you'd like to export a copy of your
save file from right before where it crashed that could be helpful too.

All that having been said, we're hopeful that all bugs have been fixed, and hopefully you won't have any issues.

If you still find a crash let us know here please: https://discord.gg/xkyPhSX

If you find some broken color tags or text that goes of screen feel free to tell us what
the message said and we'll fix it quickly. Or post a screenshot that'd be even better!

Thanks again guys! We hope you have as much fun playing as we did translating this for you!

-WillTheLion

The easiest way to use the patch is to use the NTR plugin Flyingsky has made for use with the the patch and the game. Or you could always check that one iso site.

1. You need the NTR Firmware to use the layeredFS plugin​
2. Install it.​
(If you can't start NTR using those 2 files make sure you have tick "SysNAND is updated (A9LH-only)" in your A9LH options)​
3. Then copy the plugin folder to the root of your SD card.
Copy all the changed files into a folder called "maple" on the root of your SD card.

4.Start NTR on your 3DS and start your game (cartridge or cia doesn't matter).

The maple folder uses the same folder structure as the normal romfs uses and as such can also be used inside your own romfs file if you would rather use HANS.

If you'd like to use these in your own game with HANS by dumping your own romsf folder, and then copy and pasting the files from the maple folder into your dumped/extracted romfs folder (replace the original files), and then rebuild your own romfs. Name it 00111600.romfs and put it in the 'hans' folder on the root of your sd card. Then run the game cart or cia through hans in the homebrew launcher.

Here's a good guide of how to extract and rebuild your own romfs: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms.383055/

Even though we've now translated 100% of the game, we still intend to refine this to make it better. We'll also fix any bugs or crashes if any come up. Please let us know of any problems you have and we'll happily fix them.​

Last edited by WillTheLion,

metastase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my N3DS from someone else so I'm not really sure what firmware it's running (I can install cias through the FBI thingy). How do I check that?

I know nothing about the N3DS scene so if someone could post the instructions on how to install this on my N3DS it would be much appreciated (though I suspect I must know what firmware stuff I'm running on it 1st right?).

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my N3DS from someone else so I'm not really sure what firmware it's running (I can install cias through the FBI thingy). How do I check that?

I know nothing about the N3DS scene so if someone could post the instructions on how to install this on my N3DS it would be much appreciated (though I suspect I must know what firmware stuff I'm running on it 1st right?).
Go into System Settings, it's a wrench icon. Depending on the version you'll also have a house with a wrench on top left of bottom corner. You can click on it and scroll to find it if you can't find in on your Home Menu. Once you get into System Settings, the top screen's bottom right will tell you the system firmware version.

If you can install CIA, you most likely have a9lh (arm9loaderhax) or at least CFW (Custom FirmWare). You can go over here to learn about B9S (Boot9Strap)/SigHax. It's replacement for a9lh going forward.

Narublacking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you tell me what typography you used in the maple story images? I'm translating in my language and I do not know what typography they are...

lZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
how did you obtain the videos to convert and add subtitles? we want translate to spanish version but MobiConverter (MOFLEX to AVI) doesn't work for us

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
what version of the game should i install for this to work, KOR or JPN? sorry if this is a dumb question
If memory serves right, you need to use the JPN version of the game with the patch.
Just a heads up, the patch itself uses the KOR dubbed video cutscenes, since I faintly recall something about the JPN ones not having any voice acting at all.

Reactions: KoalaBoy

KoalaBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If memory serves right, you need to use the JPN version of the game with the patch.
Just a heads up, the patch itself uses the KOR dubbed video cutscenes, since I faintly recall something about the JPN ones not having any voice acting at all.

Well, that sucks, since it took me a lot of time to find the KOR version... Thanks for the reply though, I'll try to find the JPN version (at this point, all that remains is the goddamn .cia :P)

Kingpinn02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I have a question, does anybody have any save files to just before the boss fight with Morgan? My SD Card crashed and I had to reset it. Now I have the game on it again, but I want to get to the ending without having to replay the entire thing.

Last edited by Kingpinn02,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I have a question, does anybody have any save files to just before the boss fight with Morgan? My SD Card crashed and I had to reset it. Now I have the game on it again, but I want to get to the ending without having to replay the entire thing.
If you ever want to delete a post, just report it and one of us mods will be able to take care of it for you. Were you able to find your save file or is this a different question? (I saw the previously edited version which asked a post to be deleted, for those who are confused)

Kingpinn02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever want to delete a post, just report it and one of us mods will be able to take care of it for you. Were you able to find your save file or is this a different question? (I saw the previously edited version which asked a post to be deleted, for those who are confused)

Thank you for replying! I'm super sorry about the confusion, I really should have just sent a second reply. The first question I asked was unrelated to the save file one, so don't worry about that. My original save file before Morgan is unfortunately lost forever. I was hoping that there was maybe a save database or at least someone on this thread willing to share their save? I've been loving the game and I really want to see how it ends.

Reactions: osaka35

lilyheartb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone help me download this? I got the KOR cia, but I think i can find the JPN version if needed. I'm not sure what the other tools listed are. I have the latest firmware version, and I'm using the latest luma. The instructions weren't super clear to me...

Trophies
XP
Even though we've now translated 100% of the game, we still intend to refine this to make it better. We'll also fix any bugs or crashes if any come up. Please let us know of any problems you have and we'll happily fix them.​

I know it's five years later, but any chance of translating the digital manual?

Also people may be interested in the ongoing MapleStory DS translation:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-maplestory-ds-english-translation-project-2022.617131/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: