OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joeygodsey.com
XP
Country
United States
Are there any players or fans of maple story on here that are developers? It would be nice to set up a homebrew version of maple story for every one to play online with each other. Or would there be a way to set up the DS to execute the EXE file? There are private servers out there that could be an opportunity to make this work.

Anyone interested?
yaynds.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
cosmiccinema said:
Are there any players or fans of maple story on here that are developers? It would be nice to set up a homebrew version of maple story for every one to play online with each other. Or would there be a way to set up the DS to execute the EXE file? There are private servers out there that could be an opportunity to make this work.

Anyone interested?
yaynds.gif

Not possible for the DS to execute an EXE, and a project of this calibre most likely won't happen.

Sorry to shoot down your hopes and dreams
tongue.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just incase, since you don't know, I'll let you know. Korea Nexon, INC themselves attempted this and dropped it cause they couldn't.

Don't even say it'll be out 'soon', it's been at first declared by kMS and dropped, then a homebrew of it was attempted and said to be out in Dec 07, and didn't, they were often mismatched to the point of IGN having it on their list at one point and then taking it off.

Let me rephrase this once more, this will NEVER happen. The closest thing to an MMO on the DS is ndsRO, and as you can see, the graphics are similar to GTA1, the NDS just can't handle the overload of server information back and forth via WiFi AND high-end graphics. If you even had DS, except only seeing their big ass heads as maybe 4 pixels, so that people could fit evenly.

If I wanted to be really serious about it, I'd tell you that generally Maple is 800x600 pixels standard.
The DS screen is 256 x 192 pixels.
Things would be .32 the ratio, or in other words approximately 3 times smaller than normally. Now I'll admit that MS graphics like the heads on characters can be big as hell, some things are already so small that it would be redundant.

There would be so many problems with it it's not funny, yes they could show most of it on one screen, and have all the HUD on the bottom screen, but even that would become problematic.

You can look through Korea Nexon's site, and you'll see that they haven't had information up for along time. In fact, if you know Korean, google it!

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pyrofyr said:
Just incase, since you don't know, I'll let you know. Korea Nexon, INC themselves attempted this and dropped it cause they couldn't.

Don't even say it'll be out 'soon', it's been at first declared by kMS and dropped, then a homebrew of it was attempted and said to be out in Dec 07, and didn't, they were often mismatched to the point of IGN having it on their list at one point and then taking it off.

Let me rephrase this once more, this will NEVER happen. The closest thing to an MMO on the DS is ndsRO, and as you can see, the graphics are similar to GTA1, the NDS just can't handle the overload of server information back and forth via WiFi AND high-end graphics. If you even had DS, except only seeing their big ass heads as maybe 4 pixels, so that people could fit evenly.

If I wanted to be really serious about it, I'd tell you that generally Maple is 800x600 pixels standard.
The DS screen is 256 x 192 pixels.
Things would be .32 the ratio, or in other words approximately 3 times smaller than normally. Now I'll admit that MS graphics like the heads on characters can be big as hell, some things are already so small that it would be redundant.

There would be so many problems with it it's not funny, yes they could show most of it on one screen, and have all the HUD on the bottom screen, but even that would become problematic.

You can look through Korea Nexon's site, and you'll see that they haven't had information up for along time. In fact, if you know Korean, google it!

This game isn't planned to be an MMO...

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original game was indeed intended to be an MMO. There was a 'fake' copy of it that was out of order, it was completely fake, not even really homebrew if you want to call it that... you slay yetis and mushrooms while using lvl 90 weapons at lvl 10~. Not only was it never announced as a release, beta or otherwise by Nexon, it was only posted on youtube and such sites.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.