Maple Story request

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by cosmiccinema, Jul 14, 2008.

Jul 14, 2008

Maple Story request by cosmiccinema at 2:36 AM (2,781 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. cosmiccinema
    OP

Newcomer cosmiccinema Member

United States
    Are there any players or fans of maple story on here that are developers? It would be nice to set up a homebrew version of maple story for every one to play online with each other. Or would there be a way to set up the DS to execute the EXE file? There are private servers out there that could be an opportunity to make this work.

Anyone interested? [​IMG]

2. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Not possible for the DS to execute an EXE, and a project of this calibre most likely won't happen.

Sorry to shoot down your hopes and dreams [​IMG]

3. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Besides, Maple Story DS is coming out soon, so a Homebrew would be useless.

4. cosmiccinema
    OP

Newcomer cosmiccinema Member

United States
    I've heard rumors but will it be a Korean release only or will it be for USA as well?

5. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Just incase, since you don't know, I'll let you know. Korea Nexon, INC themselves attempted this and dropped it cause they couldn't.

Don't even say it'll be out 'soon', it's been at first declared by kMS and dropped, then a homebrew of it was attempted and said to be out in Dec 07, and didn't, they were often mismatched to the point of IGN having it on their list at one point and then taking it off.

Let me rephrase this once more, this will NEVER happen. The closest thing to an MMO on the DS is ndsRO, and as you can see, the graphics are similar to GTA1, the NDS just can't handle the overload of server information back and forth via WiFi AND high-end graphics. If you even had DS, except only seeing their big ass heads as maybe 4 pixels, so that people could fit evenly.

If I wanted to be really serious about it, I'd tell you that generally Maple is 800x600 pixels standard.
    The DS screen is 256 x 192 pixels.
    Things would be .32 the ratio, or in other words approximately 3 times smaller than normally. Now I'll admit that MS graphics like the heads on characters can be big as hell, some things are already so small that it would be redundant.

There would be so many problems with it it's not funny, yes they could show most of it on one screen, and have all the HUD on the bottom screen, but even that would become problematic.

You can look through Korea Nexon's site, and you'll see that they haven't had information up for along time. In fact, if you know Korean, google it!

6. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    This game isn't planned to be an MMO...

7. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The original game was indeed intended to be an MMO. There was a 'fake' copy of it that was out of order, it was completely fake, not even really homebrew if you want to call it that... you slay yetis and mushrooms while using lvl 90 weapons at lvl 10~. Not only was it never announced as a release, beta or otherwise by Nexon, it was only posted on youtube and such sites.

8. carlpk

Newcomer carlpk Member

United States
    i just hope there is a patch

9. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Awesome job bumping that two year old topic....

10. psywolf

Member psywolf GBAtemp Regular

United States