jargus

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Korean free-to-play game company Nexon (Maple Story, Combat Arms) has reportedly made an offer to purchase FIFA, Battlefield, and Mass Effect publisher Electronic Arts, according to a Bloomberg video report.

Is EA for sale?
The Bloomberg report cites an unnamed South Korean newspaper with the news, and does not elaborate on the potential deal in any way. An EA representative told GameSpot, "Only comment here would be that we don't comment on rumors or speculation about our business."
EA's shares are responding positively to the rumor, as the company's single-share value opened today at $15.76, well ahead of the $15.01 closed at yesterday. As of press time, EA is trading at $15.81 per share.
Last week, a report indicated EA was planning to lay off as many as 1,000 staffers after underwhelming Star Wars: The Old Republic sales and an expensive Battlefield 3 post-launch marketing campaign. EA's fiscal year ended on March 31, and the company will report its full-year fiscal results on May 7.

Reactions: 1 person

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next thing you know we are going to have F2P battlefield and fifa with exhorbant cash shop prices and a game structure that emphasizes on paying to be the best.

Reactions: 2 people

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just when we got more news about Dead Space 3 and Army of Two 3 from that other document. Well I suppose Nexon might make them a better company or worse.....

Disturbed1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear God no....

I played Maplestory for almost 5 years, and watched Nexon turn the game into an all-out cashgrab. This was all while hackers ran rampant and completely unchecked throughout the game. Add to this the fact that their customer support is entirely non-existant, and you have a recipe for a horrible game.

I have no love for EA, but if there was ever a company I could be sure I'd hate more, Nexon would be that company.

Reactions: 4 people

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Nexon can afford to buy EA? That would be amazing. But I couldn't care less whether Nexon buys EA or not.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nexon does indeed fail. if they can barely handle their own games, how would they even think of handling those? :wtf:

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EA support sucks, Nexon's support sucks..

meh, why not

Not true, nexon support is very good if you place your complaint in the right place. Like if something would normally fall under game glitches it would actually go under customer assistance and not game help. They also check the forums a ton so posting there is also a decent way of getting your problem solved. Usually takes 2-5 days when posted at either place.

-edit-
seems everyone has had a horrible experience with nexon :wtf:;

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

meh, why not

Not true, nexon support is very good if you place your complaint in the right place. Like if something would normally fall under game glitches it would actually go under customer assistance and not game help. They also check the forums a ton so posting there is also a decent way of getting your problem solved. Usually takes 2-5 days when posted at either place.

-edit-
seems everyone has had a horrible experience with nexon :wtf:;

Lolno.

YEARS ago, I opened MapleStory one time, and upon logging in, was kicked form the game for "Use of hacking tools". What was the only unusual program I was running in the background? DVDDecrypter, ripping a DVD to my hard drive. I opened a support ticket, explaining my concerns of not wanting to get banned especially considering I had just put NX on my account and didn't want that to go to waste, not to mention that I wasn't even hacking. I literally got a "We'll look into it." and no further response.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

meh, why not
-snip-

Lolno.

-snip-

That is maple story everyone knows not to play that =o play vindictus, mabinogi, dungeon fighter, or something else. They haven't touched maple story in years, and they never plan on fixing anything inside it because of how broken it is (to many young idiots would cry CHANGE!! booooo). Any other game you will get help on though. :)

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
YEARS ago, I opened MapleStory one time, and upon logging in, was kicked form the game for "Use of hacking tools". What was the only unusual program I was running in the background? DVDDecrypter, ripping a DVD to my hard drive. I opened a support ticket, explaining my concerns of not wanting to get banned especially considering I had just put NX on my account and didn't want that to go to waste, not to mention that I wasn't even hacking. I literally got a "We'll look into it." and no further response.
I have a similar story.

I was helping Chell try to get MapleStory working on the laptop at one point (she wasn't waiting for MapleStory DS to come out in the US, so she demanded to try it on the PC). The problem with it was that at the time, we had no idea how to map the controls to an Xbox 360 controller we borrowed. When we finally got everything set up and working, Chell was banned about 30 minutes in. She didn't get a reason. We email them and open a support ticket, trying to get an answer, and we finally see the equivalent of this: "We did not ban you at [the particular time and date that Chell was banned]. However, we did ban your account at [an hour after Chell was banned] because we found evidence that your account was being used to hack into other users' accounts. This ban will not expire and is non-negotiable."

Emailing them further and explaining the situation caused them to give us the equivalent of "We'll look into it." Chell is STILL emailing them, trying to get her account unbanned, even though it's been at least a year and a half.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: