XP
Country
Brazil
Yes

Nexon/gravity on a fight to see who will be best

Maple Story DS:

here is more one screen shot
MapleStory_DS.jpg

MapleStory DS (Korean:??? ??? DS, working title) is an upcoming Nintendo DS adaptation of the original MMORPG game for Windows called MapleStory. It is currently under development by Nexon in cooperation with Nintendo. The Korean release date is set for sometime in 2008. The game is also expected to be available overseas at a later date.

The game was announced at E3 2006. On January 9, 2007, Nexon and the newly established Nintendo of Korea showcased MapleStory DS for the first time, releasing a trailer for the game. The game was first projected to be released in September 2007.

MapleStory DS has been confirmed to not be an MMO. In an interview with the manager of international business development, Stephen Lee, Lee explained that the upcoming game is simply an action RPG game based on the PC version. Lee explained that there will be limited online features, but the game will focus on the single-player aspect.

Ragnarok DS:
314_1.jpg

ragnarokds.jpg

Ragnarok Online DS is a game based on the MMORPG Ragnarok Online, and is scheduled to be released sometime in 2008.

GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc., the company that hosts the Japanese server of Ragnarok Online, announced it will expand its business for video game consoles, and Ragnarok is the second of 3 games for Nintendo DS to be released by them, along with Aqua Zone DS and Flower Arrangement DS.

The massively multiplayer features of the original will not be present in this version, though online facilities in some form will be available.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is really good

i want to get for my R4 =D

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I'm only interested in Ragnarok. So far it looks great
biggrin.gif
. I hope it's an mmorpg but lag would be an issue though. They can probably make an enlarged ram pack or something for that.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe it's just me but there are only one Maply Story screenshot loaded?

Hmm, any information on release date? I can't decide which one I'd pick. So I'll give both a go. If English version ever get released.

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt they would lag online... There were online games when we only had dial-up, let alone Wireless B. I want to try Ragnarok DS.

Hypnos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
man
Ragnarok DS

its like grand chase

you make the room
and the other join

you will host the room
but you probably will need 2 DS
1 for host
and other for play
if you dont do this

LAG

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz said:
Well, to tell you the truth, most of us already know all the stuff you've just mentioned....
yea.. stuff has been posted before too

and by now it seems like the two groups stopped the projects or postponed them they wouldve been out by now

Gab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I'm glad there's still life to these ones after being announced for so long.
However, the screens for Ragnarok DS look like mock-up still. The status bars/info are too small to be of use and it just looks like a PC screenshot cropped to fit.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maplestory DS: Out in Korea, not the real game, but demo.
Just note that the first release of Maplestory DS will be in Korean. American version of course will have to wait, unless someone makes a language patch.
There is NO Wifi, or multiplayer. Much like crappy Single player of the MMORPG, Maplestory. Top screen used for usual use, Bottom screen used for map. Stylus not required, most of the time you use the D-Pad and buttons(L,R,B,A, etc.)
-Source: I was in Korea not long ago, visited local game store. Since i knew Korean, i understood most of the game play, But im going to be honest, the demo SUCKED.

Ragnarok DS: Looks pretty fake too me since it started. I could be wrong.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
STOP WITH THE BULLSHIT, THEY WERE ALL PROVEN FAKE LONG AGO, STOP HOLDING ON TO YOUR MMO ON HANDHELDS IDEALS AND WAIT 'TIL 2010 WHEN NINTENDO PRETTY MUCH CLEARLY STATED THAT THEY WOULD MOVE TO ACCOMODATE MMOs ON HANDHELDS.

In short, these will NEVER HAPPEN, and MSDS has been DROPPED by Nexon LONG AGO. Ragnarok DS is a mixture of rumors and the real ndsRO.

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
STOP WITH THE BULLSHIT, THEY WERE ALL PROVEN FAKE LONG AGO, STOP HOLDING ON TO YOUR MMO ON HANDHELDS IDEALS AND WAIT 'TIL 2010 WHEN NINTENDO PRETTY MUCH CLEARLY STATED THAT THEY WOULD MOVE TO ACCOMODATE MMOs ON HANDHELDS.

In short, these will NEVER HAPPEN, and MSDS has been DROPPED by Nexon LONG AGO. Ragnarok DS is a mixture of rumors and the real ndsRO.
MSDS has been proven that it's still being worked on from the April 2008 Nexon interview by Gamasutra.

akuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
pretty damn obvious they wouldn't be mmo lol... they wouldn't be able to make it mmo even if they tried, i don't think any handheld would be capable of that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1