Many DSi games still not working on DSi?

Ikanex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The guy in this video is talking about how firmware updates and games were developed to not work when the system knows that the game is a rom. That the games just suddenly stop working or stopping with a message like "Thanks for playing" and then stops completely. Or like in Spriit Tracks where the UI is completely gone. Is this still the case with many games on the DSi?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or like in Spriit Tracks where the UI is completely gone.
But that has nothing to do with the DSi. And any up-to-date flashcart kernel you can find nowadays likely has an appropriate anti-piracy patch integrated.

firmware updates and games were developed to not work when the system knows that the game is a rom. [...] Is this still the case with many games on the DSi?
If you're referring to DSiware, that was (almost) exclusively distributed online.

Reactions: Ikanex

Ikanex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But that has nothing to do with the DSi. And any up-to-date flashcart kernel you can find nowadays likely has an appropriate anti-piracy patch integrated.

If you're referring to DSiware, that was (almost) exclusively distributed online.
I see. The Acekart 2i should be able to play all games? And how do you get to play DSiware?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Acekart 2i should be able to play all games?
If there is something in particular you are curious about, Google should tell you. Even if something doesn't work automagically, there's probably a separate anti-piracy patch you can apply.

And how do you get to play DSiware?
You buy it from the eShop and play it on your 3DS. :P

Or you use TWiLight Menu. Its support for DSiware is not yet perfect, but it is getting better all the time.

Reactions: Tarmfot and Ikanex

Ikanex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If there is something in particular you are curious about, Google should tell you. Even if something doesn't work automagically, there's probably a separate anti-piracy patch you can apply.

You buy it from the eShop and play it on your 3DS. :P

Or you use TWiLight Menu. Its support for DSiware is not yet perfect, but it is getting better all the time.
Good to know. I forgot you can still use the eShop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it