OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess concerning why I come and go at times. A lot of things happen at once and while it isn't a bit much, I generally don't use the internet to take out my agression on other people like I have seen many do in the past. I won't name names.

I won't get into a tyrade like TheSpade would or some other people here because that just isn't me.

But anyways, I have seen some haphazard things happen within the gaming community that are just in one word: saddening. First of all, we have that one person who lashes out at practically everyone and runs a big piracy group. Well I stay away from this person because his general banter makes not a lick of sense. And after that, we have (whom I'm sure is a very nice person) the guy in Australia that leaked New Super Mario Bros. and got fined $1.6M. How is he suppose to pay that off, and it is just one game? There's been people doing more than that, not sure why they just pick on him alone. And more recently there's been another guy caught for leaking Assassin's Creed which of course wasn't someone that posted anything on here.

And finally we have DrKupo who got caught balligerently (not sure if this is the right word but you get my point) stealing a game from PAX expo. And for what? I am almost at least 99-100% certain he was just going to play it on his own possibly with one or two close friends and not really distribute it on the internet. But the way he went about it was very, very sloppy and realistically getting that game early serves no purpose at all. Now, if you search gbatemp.net forums this guy has been a jerk to a lot of people including myself. But he generally will come back and be a friend. It makes no sense, much like many other people who troll and whatnot on the internet. These two last people I mentioned get fined something like $25k which is a sharp contrast to those in Australia.

So anyways, there's other things. Like I go on various irc networks gbatemp and wherever else, make friends and want things to be relaxed. But there's always a group of people who want to troll, throw shit in people's face, etc. And this serves no purpose either. It just gets to the point where it is downright plain rude.

I have helped people out on irc before when I was in really angry and bad moods. I normally tend to work this way. It doesn't necessarily help me cope with being mad, but I figure... why treat other people with disrespect when I'm in a bad mood that has nothing at all to do with them? So someone asks me for help with something, and then I help them out.. they may thank me or what.. but it isn't required to be thanked. It's just what I have done and it was fine.

So anyway, instead of holding grudges like that long message that TheSpade wrote, I'm just not that kind of person. Sure there are some people that I don't like much but most of them have nothing to do with these gaming communities that you guys are part of. I'm not just about to go off on a huge tangent and start making a big mess all over the place lol that wouldn't make sense.

As far as it goes on gbatemp irc, well... everyone there seems fine. They gave me issues for no reason whatsoever in the past and though it makes no sense I guess it is alright now. I just don't prefer to spend any great lengths of time on these chat networks because you never know when people are going to start in again. And most of them are in high school..except realistically when I was in high school I didn't try to run around and cause chaos in chat rooms that I went in. Sure I would goof around and do various things but it was never constant and day to day trying to cause havoc. This stuff is suppose to be all for fun. And I tried telling people in the past when I ran around with speechles and crew that everything is suppose to be for fun, but people take things the wrong way rather fast. I still remember this one guy specifically that I did *slaps around with a large trout command on and he got all upset and quit out of the irc. I'm like what ever for? that was just suppose to be silly. It wasn't to make him mad.

Some people might not know me on here or say what is this guy on about or is this post fake. Well I didn't post this in Edge of the Forum did I? Just letting people know how I feel about things. I just would hope that people can enjoy what they do with their hobby and try to help benefit the community a bit rather than trying to cause things to snowball and go downhill. I don't expect this message to get out to very many people on here but at least some of my friends on this will understand how I feel about things.

Oh and on a side note, I do know that psychologically speaking the people who like to rant and carry on, troll, and bully etc get some sort of pleasure releases in their brain from it. But it is just something that is way beyond me. My mind doesn't work in a skew like that.

Also no this isn't a ragequit/'quitting the skene' or whatever nonsense post. I'm still around guys. Most people I've known with any class that quit out, just did it silently. These guys who do those 'i quit' posts generally are looking for attention.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First up, i want to apologize for not reading this entirely. I was about to until i came across the DrKupo/PAX thing.

Did i completely miss when this came up? Was that actually DrKupo?

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
First up, i want to apologize for not reading this entirely. I was about to until i came across the DrKupo/PAX thing.

Did i completely miss when this came up? Was that actually DrKupo?

No apologies necessary. Everyone's been spamming across the whole internet that it was DrKupo. Slight possibility that it wasn't. I mean the whole thing doesn't make sense that it was. He was rather careful about his dealings on the internet I don't see why he would just take his own person to a trade show and then get arrested. If you do a web search, all of his nicknames from irc come up in thread replies to most of the articles about Justin May. I thought that DrKupo would be much older than that from all the stuff he has told me in the past especially about the kind of car he claims to own at the price it would cost.

sheesh you guys moved it to blog right when I was replying. I guess I could've put it here.

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lmao why is both your member # like 100,000 MORE than mine lol I haven't been on here that long. Kinda amazing that my number isn't much lower though.

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As did I. Actually it is more fun to come on here just for information because anything else tends to turn personal and isn't as fun. Getting information on games and hardware is a lot more fun when the time arises. And there are some very intelligent people posting on these forums.

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
morphius said:
meh ... i usually don't even go into the forums. pretty much pop on and see what new roms have come out.

The forums are great, as long as you stay in the relevant ones and skip over all the spam. Toni Plutonij actually does an excellent job of deleting and weeding out scum filled posts though.

Also I hold yuyuyup in a high esteem.

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE ME?

;__;

hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor
hey amptor

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well anyways guys all I can't figure out lately is that when shit hits the fan (which generally is about nonimportant people), am I suppose to just walk away... quit out of the chat as it were.... because I mean realistically there isn't anything to gain by coming back at people that are in the wrong. I mean even if I prove a point, I have gained nothing lol. I guess I'd just be better off not feeding into arguments. And well I haven't had any in gaming in a while but it happens (for no reason) from time to time. Which is generally why I stopped doing anything of use in these "scenes" a long, long, long time ago. It just turned into a huge troll fest and quite honestly lost its entire appeal.

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Realistically, I have nothing useful to say. I've never been around for any of the scene shit, I'm just one of those kids who showed up to find out how to play video games for free.

If you were talking about me in the IRC thing, it's because I've given up on being patient. I've lost almost all of my capacity to be nice to people over the internet. I mean, it's not like I try to be outright rude; I just have a very low tolerance for people who don't understand things the first time they're told, or expect people to do everything for them.

Maybe I never came to mind at all because I'm not really around in the chatrooms as much anymore... Neither am I doing shit to get in any kind of trouble...

I'm just a little conceited, I guess.

But it's okay because I FUCKING LOVE THAT AMPTOR GUY.
(I still talk to phoood sometimes)

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just wish things could have been a lot more relaxed. This board got too filled with people who act way too immature and I'm not a parent so I don't know how to deal with it the right way. Actually come to think of it maybe I should read a parenting book to figure out how to deal with juveniles and then I'd have more of an understanding of people.

It was a lot more fun when it was speechles and crew and we'd just goof around and have fun. But then things had to fall apart because some of the ops incessantly had to continue to bring their personal affairs into the gaming scene and go on tyrades and whatnot, piss off the general community down to the newcomers and it just all went awry. Well some of those people have ragequit from those chat rooms but it sure made things go sour. And for what? It was fun before. I see speechles is still around but he's too busy smoking weed and working to ever go on and chat and it makes it entirely pointless to even go on there.

We used to be a tight crew, but seriously... bringing personal family issues and whatever else local to irc? come on. none of us have control over ANY of that lol. should've just been talking about gaming and the usual. Oh and I shouldn't start on outsiders trying to come in and show us the ropes. That was pure nonsense as well. Too much drama things turned into and even gbatemp.net irc has had its problems.

I see WildDenim never came back even after my rant with all the pretty songs in it. See what happens when people give a nice person too much grief? They split and never come back.

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
I disappeared before WildDenim left...

I never bothered trying to figure out what happened... But I guess it's kind of obvious that she was just getting shit because she was a girl?

As for kids...
I like to think I'm above the average kid...
But it's not always true :/

amptor

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember your name on the gbatemp irc or anything but yeah I don't know exactly what happened with her. I think I was hearing it was some disagreement with maangement. Same thing kinda happened with that other girl from the UK. WildDenim is one of the few UK women I could even get along with, most girls from the UK are VERY rude from what I have come across on the internet. In contrast, meeting men from the UK in the USA, those men..are pretty rude as well in real life.

But I can get along with anyone who acts like a sane human being.

Well I never gave the women on irc shit. I joked around a little with her because she banned me for not following the nickname rule but it was just very little stuff and I didn't keep on her about it. I called her a prude once (because she was engaged mainly so well not available to anyone on there) and she got irritated but then I pasted her the definition of the word it was rather funny if you look up prude on dictionary.com it appears to actually have a very positive meaning lol. But that was fun she liked to chat with me idk why. I always felt that she should be with her man if she was engaged rather than spending more time speaking to random men from all over the earth than being with the one she was supposedly going to marry. If it was at all true anyway, we never saw any guy pop in to chat with her saying they were getting married either. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

As far as kids go, I didn't really go on chat when I was in my teens and constantly stir up stuff with people. All I remember from then that pissed me off is that one guy kept doing all this "your mom" stuff when I was a kid..and it pissed me off so bad that when I met him in real life at a party..I didn't want to talk to him and this girl kept asking me what my problem was. I was like well, the guy is a dick what else can I say or do? He didn't act appropriately and I was young as well..I didn't just like start talking down on him and stuff. I've found lately that if I start throwing stuff back at people it doesn't even help me and it possibly can hurt the person that was trying to hurt me (makes sense? not really) but oh well... I guess this is just what has to happen sometimes in life. Better that most people naturally avoid this nonsense though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night