Manually Update Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Steveiwonder, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Steveiwonder
    OP

Steveiwonder Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2010
    Hello All,

I'm new here, so please forgive me if im posting in the wrong place.

I need to be able to manually update my Wii to the latest available firmware, i'm getting Error 32017: When i phoned Nintendo they just said "It's a timing issue between your Wii and routter, you will need to increase your 'TCP Timeout Value' to 5mins +."

For me this would indicate that their servers are totally pants and for a TCP connection to have to wait 5 mins before being accepted is stupid. Anyway, my router has a default of 5mins so this clearly wasn't the issue. I phoned them back and they then proceeded to tell me there is nothing they can do and its down my ISP/Kit but could not and would not tell me why?what? or how? this was the problem.

Is it possible to manually download the firmware onto the 1gb SD hard i have and then update it? or am i wasting my time. I don't want any kind of hack just a update. Unless i have to hack it to update it ?

Appreciate any help with this.

Thanks in advance - Stevo

2. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    you would have to run bannerbomb or something similar to manually update it.

do the first part of my guide

3. Steveiwonder
    OP

Steveiwonder Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2010
    Thanks for the reply,

So there is no easy simple way just to upgrade the firmware? or even a fix for the Error 32017 - Its really frustrating how Nintedo provide no suport for something clearly wrong with the server's their end.

4. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    A whole bunch of games come with updates right there on the disc. If you really don't want to hack your Wii you can buy/rent/borrow/etc. some game with a newer firmware, but don't ask me which game/s as I don't follow that stuff at all.

5. Steveiwonder
    OP

Steveiwonder Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2010
    Oh really? thats good news.

The reason i need to update it is to play a new game. So if a game news a newer version of the firmware it will have it on the disc?

6. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    Games usually have whatever they need to run on the disc itself, yes.

7. dn_angel000

dn_angel000 Phantom User

Apr 27, 2010
    United States
    I hear Metroid Other M has SM 4.3 Rent that!