Hacking Manually changing Wii IOS/Title version numbers...

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
I installed DarkCorp, but a certain homebrew app is giving me troubles saying the IOS is 'too new'...

I had DarkCorp download the version of the IOS the program wanted, but it's still not working...

I then read the FAQ and it said that DarkCorp "Changed the IOS version number to the highest so that Nintendo Updates don't overwrite them" (or something like that).

Is there a homebrew app I can use to change the IOS version number myself?

Thanks in Advance,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Egg.

Edit: Verified - IOS Title Version is 65536, according to WAD Creator...

Edit2: Can a mod/admin move this to the Wii > Soft/Hard Mods section please?

Edit3: I don't want to use a loader, and I'm just trying to get a certain homebrew app to realize that the version is not 65536 and that it's really 5663...

Please answer a real answer to my question, not something I should do otherwise...

Is there something I can do to the WAD file to change it?

Solution
It sounds like you are trying to run Trucha Bug Restorer or similar method to restore the trucha bug to an ios. If this is what you are trying to do, skip it as it is not nessesary. What are you trying to do?

You can change the version number of any title wad using showmiiwads. You can change the version number, the ios install slot on ios files, you can change the version number of the system menu, you can change the title and version of channels, etc.
If you wish to change the version # of an ios, darkcorp or other, first extract it from your wii. You can use bluedump alpha or extract a bootmii nand dump using showmiiwads. Once you have your ios wad file, simply change the version number to the desired version and reinstall the wad...

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you are trying to run Trucha Bug Restorer or similar method to restore the trucha bug to an ios. If this is what you are trying to do, skip it as it is not nessesary. What are you trying to do?

You can change the version number of any title wad using showmiiwads. You can change the version number, the ios install slot on ios files, you can change the version number of the system menu, you can change the title and version of channels, etc.
If you wish to change the version # of an ios, darkcorp or other, first extract it from your wii. You can use bluedump alpha or extract a bootmii nand dump using showmiiwads. Once you have your ios wad file, simply change the version number to the desired version and reinstall the wad.

Also, darkcorp is perfectly safe to use and has very very few potential incompatibilities. So use it all you like.

Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou