• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Maniacal Fascist Billionaire buys Twitter to spread misinformation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitMasterPlus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised no one's talking about this here, since everyone is freaking out about how now our democracy is under siege by a maniac and a monster that's almost as bad as President Trump now.

https://www.cnet.com/news/social-me...tter-in-44b-deal-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

Even though he "claims" to want to protect free speech, meaning both sides having a voice, that in of itself is a clear violation of free speech. Twitter has done a good job so far in making sure certain people can't voice their opinions. That's true free speech and open dialogue.

Even this man explains what will happen if those dastardly Trump terrorists are allowed back on, because their side has never done such things. Ever.

What's even worse, the lunatic consipracy theorists are already coming out of the roost.

I sure hope God Joe Biden and his Ministry of Truth can save us from this madness.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
I don't have a twitter account and am only exposed to it due to embedding in other websites, but I think that Elon Musk buying it is a good thing. Twitter is known for its left wing bias with their censoring and shadow banning people who oppose the left. If Musk purchasing twitter will bring about the ability for both sides to opening discuss topics and share opinions then that's a good thing. I however won't be creating an account, ever.

Reactions: BitMasterPlus

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Musk reminds me of one of the high school bullies I've had. The same self-absorbed mug and massive ego despite being one of the tiniest kids in the school. His girlfriend is this typical "I tamed mah man" type with obvious narcissistic disorder going on.
Why let a tiny kid bully you?
Just one more reminder that you can be anything in this world: a criminal, a narcissist, abuser. For as long as you smile and act like nothing is wrong. And if you have money and connections - you can actually do things like this. And that's why people keep continuing this masochism of electing or enabling scum like Hitler, Trump, Putin... That's why they cling to these images of "strong men" who openly abuse others just because they're allowed to.
Absolutly correct. Hitler, Trump and Putin are man of equal character. Their intend is onw thing to bully the weak. Putin will let loose a storm of nukes on the world if he does not get what he thinks is his.
In defense of Putin, I think he used to have noble ambitions and good character before he turned into a dictator chasing the past. He just got too brutal and lost that after seeing how the world works (with all the intel a president can get and such).
Yes, thats the issue with democracy eventually the leader becomes a totally unhinged maniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol