manga first chapters has lots of pages,

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Narayan, Mar 26, 2011.

Mar 26, 2011
  1. Narayan
    OP

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
    manga first chapters has lots of pages, then later chapters decrease in number.

why is it like that, some manga i read first has around 50 or 65, then succeeding chapters page count usually drop by a half.

2. alex_0706

Member alex_0706 darknessblade

Netherlands
    well not with all manga's it this
    there are a lot of manga's that have the same amout of pages every chapter

3. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    I've always thought that the first chapter had the most pages cos it's the chapter that decides whether people get interested in it or not. But manga like Fullmetal Alchemist has a consistent number of around 40 pages per chapter for the entire series, which makes it awesome.

4. OmerMe

Member OmerMe GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    That's because FMA was a monthly series, where as Shonen Jump mangas such as One Piece and Toriko are released every week, thus containing less pages.

5. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Baby Princess has chapters that are 140+ pages long usually the first chapter kind of understandable since most volumes have only 2 chapters, Vol 1 has 4 chapters and Vol 2 has 3 and some have intermissions that result in shorter chapters.

6. SinHarvest24

Member SinHarvest24 Shiroyasha

Trinidad and Tobago
    It depends on how long it takes for a chapter to be released, but then again that's only part explanation. Sometimes they actually start off long (32-50) and get shorter (17-25) pages, don't really know why though.

7. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    I believe some mangas start out as one-shots, where it is supposed to be a one-off story and is therefore customarily longer than a normal serialized weekly chapter. If the one-shot proves to be popular, or gains enough interest to get serialized, then regular-length chapters are written. Of course it depends, as some tempers pointed out previously, whether it is published weekly or monthly. Bakuman kinda taught me that.

Chill! [​IMG]