Hacking Managing Old Data After Updating to a9lh

RRWcomicsboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue which I think is a little unique and strange, but is probably also more common than that.

I updated my O3DS from 9.2 RxTools to a9lh, and while all of the updating went fine (not one error on the downgrades), I also ended up sort of losing all of the game data, legitimate and otherwise, that I had installed on my 3DS.

I say sort of because my Nintendo 3DS folder is still 20 gigs large, and I'm assuming that all of the game data is left there, but unusable at this point. It wouldn't be terrible to me if I lost my saves (besides maybe MH4U), but is there any way to repair this data into the games, or just delete this Nintendo 3DS folder and copy-paste over an older backup? I don't really want all of this data cluttering up my card if it's junk, and I'd rather do this now before I start installing new games again.

Omegapsy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your nintendo 3ds folder is still linked to youe emunand (if you had one) moving your emunand to sysnand (since you have a9lh) would render the data useable again if you flash an emunand backup from when that folder was used.

There is a guide on moving your emunand partitions to your sysnand in the guides section. I would follow that if this scenario applies to you.

Last edited by Omegapsy,

RRWcomicsboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on what I've read so far, would I use Decrypt9 to dump the partitions on my a9lh emuNAND (except FIRM0 and FIRM1) and then inject them into my sysNAND to enable all of the CIAs again?

edit: After restoring an emuNAND backup in Decrypt9

Last edited by RRWcomicsboy,

Omegapsy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. If you are going to install the partitions there is no reason to restore a backup. Injecting the partitions lets you keep a9lh in your sysnand (which is where it should have been installed) but transfering all of the other data from your emunand so your cfw can boot your sysnand and all your apps and games are there.

RRWcomicsboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that it gave me an error:

"SD is not formatted for emuNAND"

This is probably because I had to format my SD card without emuNAND as a part of Plailect's guide. Because of this, I'm not sure how to get the data I need from an emuNAND into my CFW sysNAND. Sorry If you've already explained it and I'm just not seeing it.

Zanoab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have your emuNAND backup? You will have to format a SD card for emuNAND, restore the emuNAND backup, then extract the partitions.

RRWcomicsboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that my earliest emuNAND backup was from after I formatted, because injecting partitions from it made no difference. This means I had to abandon most of my legitimate game saves and installed CIAs. The only solution is if there were a way to generate an emuNAND from the 20 gig database that I still have backed up, but otherwise I'm assuming that they're all gone.

However, is there a way anyone can think of to recover saves from games that were in that inaccessible database file? That's the main thing that I'll miss, everything else can be redownloaded.

Thank you for all of your help so far as well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.