OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
m1fznmva6gwm_345.jpg

Lille, France - A Frenchman who lost all 4 of his limbs in an accident, has crossed the English channel to Britian. The 42-year old Phillipe Croizon swam across in 14 hours between England and France, a distance of 40 kilometers (25 miles)

The disabeled man was able to complete his journey in a special suit with special wing-shaped prostheses at his upper legs.

Croizon held himself above the water using the stumps on his arms. He swam part of the journey with a dolphins, or so told his team afterwards.

The man had been training for this for almost 2 years. He swam 3 km/h ( around 2 mph), 4 to 5 km/h (3-4 mph) slower then a normal swimmer.

The Frenchman lost his arms and legs in 1994. He was removing a atenna from a roof when he got a electric shock of 20.000 volts.

The limbles man wanted to complete the journey 'for me, my family and relatives and all the people who have lost their will to live.'

---

Amazing... I've got big respect for that bloke.

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was never afraid for his saftey; the channel's 'armless.
Sorry
wink.gif

Epic win though. One of those things you do not expect to happen, like chocolate teapots. But he showed us...
smile.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I think GBAtemp needs a new rule for USN, all non-related video game news, in the off-topic chat.

But on topic, if someone did that and didn't have a disability, I think he wouldn't be as popular.
Media sucks.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
But on topic, if someone did that and didn't have a disability, I think he wouldn't be as popular.
Media sucks.

Ah, but isn't it the fact that he did it with such a disability that makes it such an impressive act?

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warrior522 said:
prowler_ said:
Media sucks.

Ah, but isn't it the fact that he did it with such a disability that makes it such an impressive act?
Well some people beleive the fact that he is being treated differently than a normal person is in-itself pointing out his flawed. Like when someone see's someone with a mental disability draw somthing, they say "aww isnt that cute", but very few people who are different want to be treated that way.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Big ups to a man that is brave enough to prove to the world that a disability can't hold him back. Don't complain that normal people don't get credit -- they do. But this man deserves more credit as he has overcome societal and emotional hurdles to get to where he is. Good to see someone prove society wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool