wink.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That woman's a bitch. She's just pissed that she had to pay full price and that guy was clever enough to take advantage of the situation for less money.

It's like Guy #1 goes to a book store and buys a book for full price then their friend, Guy #2, buys the same book on Amazon and it's $50 cheaper or something then Guy #1 doesn't want to be friends Guy #2 anymore.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hakoda said:
That woman's a bitch. She's just pissed that she had to pay full price and that guy was clever enough to take advantage of the situation for less money.

It's like Guy #1 goes to a book store and buys a book for full price then their friend, Guy #2, buys the same book on Amazon and it's $50 cheaper or something then Guy #1 doesn't want to be friends Guy #2 anymore.
This. Seriously why can't we all live peacefully and appreciate what others get??

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Hakoda said:

This. Seriously why can't we all live peacefully and appreciate what others get??

Envy and Greed. They're two of the 7 deadly sins. It's like an intrinsic fault of humanity, really.

@Wombo Combo - Meh. This case already proves how weird Texas laws are. I'm chalking it up to more weirdness on their part, LOL.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wombo Combo said:
AlanJohn said:
Wombo Combo said:
So why cant he have water or power in the house?
Bills.

That doesn't explain anything. He can't afford it? Or the law doesn't allow him to?
Technically he doesn't own the house yet nor is he the legal tenant. Utility suppliers would need an official owner/tenant before providing their services.

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well to get lights and water all he would probably have to prove is that he is a resident at that address. All he would have to do to prove he is a resident of that address is get bills sent there, like a cell phone bill and some other stuff. Also he can probably get the address on his drivers license to reflect the address of that house.

I also think it is pretty racist that posters here think that most suburban white people are racist. Its funny how people see a white person upset about something s black person is doing and automatically say they are racist, and where in the youtube video does it say that all the neighbors that are pissed are white, maybe that Hispanic people that are pissed are at work. Did you ever think that the neighbors are elitist and not racist?

More on topic: I think the guy deserves the house also. If he had gone to the store and bought a lottery ticket for a dollar and won a few hundred million no one would have complained. He put a lot more effort into getting the house then just buying a lottery ticket.

Edit: Jut like to add that I am not sure if this applies to texas but in North Carolina a place of residence is where a person has cloths and receives mail. An example of what I mean is, ike you have a girlfriend move in with you and she has cloths there and recieves her mail there. A week or 2 later you two get in an argument and you want her to leave. legally you can not kick her out you will have to evict her.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wombo Combo said:
AlanJohn said:
Wombo Combo said:
Bills.

That doesn't explain anything. He can't afford it? Or the law doesn't allow him to?

To get water and electricity, you need to be a lawful owner of the house. To become a lawful owner of this house, he needs to live in it for 3 years straight.

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of this before. It's called "squatter's rights", but I've never heard of anyone getting such an expensive house that way. Sounds like he knows what he's doing.

durpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good for him. you've gotta be determined as hell to find, research, and implement a way to legally own a house for $16 bucks. of course the neighbors are jelly, i think i would be as well but w/e let him be, since it was legal.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't understand how people are calling it unfair...specially all stuff he needs to go through.

If you had a chance like this to get a house for $16 would you say no it isn't fair?

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The neighbors aren't pissed because he's black , their pissed because they are the ones that will be paying uncle same back for bailing out the banks.
I'm not surprised that this guy knows the law so well though. I wonder how many other times he has tried this and failed.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
isn't that how teh west was really won?

anyway, i always fantasized about doing this. i do know of an abandoned property here in oakland and thought about squating. i know the owners never intended to live in and they walked out on their mortgage. the bank no longer exists and it's been over 2 years since anyone has been to that house. anyway, in california you need to squat for 5 years for adverse possession.

i need to check it out more closely, maybe this can be my first home!

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
Wombo Combo said:
AlanJohn said:
Wombo Combo said:
Bills.

To get water and electricity, you need to be a lawful owner of the house. To become a lawful owner of this house, he needs to live in it for 3 years straight.

You just have to be a resident of that address. A person that rents a house is not its owner but they can get the electricity turned on. I have seen where a guy owns a house or is renting it and then the utilities are in a girlfriends name.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
steveo1978 said:
Foxi4 said:
Wombo Combo said:
AlanJohn said:
Wombo Combo said:
Bills.

You just have to be a resident of that address. A person that rents a house is not its owner but they can get the electricity turned on. I have seen where a guy owns a house or is renting it and then the utilities are in a girlfriends name.
Incorrect. Only the owner of a given building can sign a contract of such nature. If you are renting a house, it's the owner's responsibility to allow you access to electricity and water, not yours. You can't go barging with power drills into someone's house and start installing crap, you need the owner's premission, alternatively, a contract that gives you such privileges.

If the landlord is a nice person though, he'll "allow" you to make modifications. That doesn't mean that from the law's standpoint you can do them.

If the law was as lenient as you expect it to be, I'd have a swimming pool in my room already. Any type of construction works require specific paperwork.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.