Homebrew MameSDL (Toadking)

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think mame on wii is pretty sweet with most of my old favorites playable on it. Kinda disappointing that MK and other favorites will never work on it but Coders don't owe nothing anyways, So I am happy we have one that works great! Is there a way you could put OTHER Mame roms in a sub directory?I find the rom limit disappointing since I enjoy oddles of arcade games and ability to play them all on my television would be superb. So how about it? Can I put other roms in a subdirectory and load them on Wii mame or am I stuck with the rom limit?
Thank in advance for answers!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ROM limit? Which version are you using?

From what I gather from the wiibrew page, it has been updated from 15 to 150 since 0.4.
(okay, that's still a limit...but given that the emulator doesn't emulate all the arcade games, and a whole bunch are just clones from each other, I'd say it's pretty hard to even find 150 working games)

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
id like the limit increased too, actually. 150 is plenty for most ppl, i guess,
..but ive got a nice mame romset of 460 or so games that id like to have access to all at once.

@StupidGamer1, you should contact Toadking here, as hes a gbatemp member, and ask if he'll up the number a bit.

me and my buddy just maimed/beat altered beast a few days ago...took about 10$ worth of imaginary quarters to do so lol;D

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the replies! I didn't know he was a member here. I not a fan of bugging devvers (since they get enough from user of their apps already!) Hell I'll give him a quick message and see what he has to say.

Trust me wever I play tons of arcade titles. I am sure you can find 300+ games to work on the wii's hardware. Games from the 80's and mid 90's Depending on the code.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I'd like the limit upped slightly too but people have asked toad king before and its not something he was interested in changing saying something like users will allways want the limit upped.

I guess its no biggie and at least we've now got a decent running mame emu thanks to him anyway.
smile.gif

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote the guy. Lets see if he responds. I dig this emulator though and shows so much promise. arcades were a big part of my child hood and always wanted to play on a Television
biggrin.gif
. This emulator allows that. Let's see if ToadKing repsonds to my message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol