MAMEPlus32 149 certain roms that used to work now don't on older laptop

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a Vista 32 bit laptop only for emulators and it worked perfectly with about 200 MAME roms I had. Now all the sudden certain roms won't work I get "unable to create the direct3d device". I tried updating to dx9 didn't help tried updating dotnet. If it matters the roms that do this are NBA Jam, NBA Jam Tournament Edition, NBA Maximum Hangtime, Marvel vs Street Fighter and X-Men vs Street Fighter. The rest all still work. The only thing I can think of that might have caused them to stop working for no other apparent reason is I used a registry cleaner there's nothing else I've done to the computer. I don't even connect it to the internet other than I did just to download those things I mentioned.

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After hours and hours of troubleshooting I tried it on another laptop same exact thing with the same games. So I just decided to try to delete the ini folder BAM fixed the entire thing. No idea why it caused that. But if that happens to someone else try to delete the ini folder another one will get made automatically and it will only delete your settings for each individual game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans